For the New Year!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
upload_2017-12-28_15-12-48.png

youngfool

Hi Tanya I'm lying in bed trying to make my self go do something.yesterday I was driving to the store and I saw my sons car parked by the lake close to my house. Also there was his friends car they were fishing.just can't believe that is all he is worried about. Fishing with all the problems that he has and that is all he is doing. Well that was motivational for me today is the last day that I waste time and energy on him.He doesn't seem to be fazed by any of the recent events at all.As I have worried about him he could care less still just leaves me cold that my own son could care so little about me or himself. Seems like a alien has invaded his mind.So I am going to do my best to distance my self from his world I know that things are going to get worse for him no job no money no motivation doesn't take a genius to figure it out.I want to thank you for your advice time and concern I have a lot of things that I want to accomplish now that I'm retired and dam it not going to let someone else make me not live what I have left to offer so thank for your inspiration and all of the others on this site. Onwards we go

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Hi Tanya I'm lying in bed trying to make my self go do something.yesterday I was driving to the store and I saw my sons car parked by the lake close to my house. Also there was his friends car they were fishing.just can't believe that is all he is worried about. Fishing with all the problems that he has and that is all he is doing. Well that was motivational for me today is the last day that I waste time and energy on him.He doesn't seem to be fazed by any of the recent events at all.As I have worried about him he could care less still just leaves me cold that my own son could care so little about me or himself. Seems like a alien has invaded his mind.So I am going to do my best to distance my self from his world I know that things are going to get worse for him no job no money no motivation doesn't take a genius to figure it out.I want to thank you for your advice time and concern I have a lot of things that I want to accomplish now that I'm retired and dam it not going to let someone else make me not live what I have left to offer so thank for your inspiration and all of the others on this site. Onwards we go
Good for you YF!!
Life is too short to be wasted on those that do not care about us. I hope 2018 is a good year for you and that you will go out and do the things that you want, things that will bring you joy.
Your son, my son and all the adult difficult son's and daughters out there will continue to live their lives on their terms and may we as parents will stand firm and strong in our resolve to let them even when they beg us for help.

Here's to 2018 - "The Year Of Detaching"

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Good for you YF!!
Life is too short to be wasted on those that do not care about us. I hope 2018 is a good year for you and that you will go out and do the things that you want, things that will bring you joy.
Your son, my son and all the adult difficult son's and daughters out there will continue to live their lives on their terms and may we as parents will stand firm and strong in our resolve to let them even when they beg us for help.

Here's to 2018 - "The Year Of Detaching"
I like that “The year of detaching”.