For those who celebrate Happy Easter

Wiped Out

Staff member
Whether you celebrate or not I hope everyone is having a great day. This is our first holiday with easy child/difficult child away at school. She is with my sister and her family today since they live only 1 hour away from where she goes to school.

We are having a very low key day today. We went to church and then to breakfast where difficult child works (we get a discount:)). Then I had a nice long nap! difficult child is driving us a bit crazy, peppering us with non stop questions and non stop talking! I'll still take that any day over holidays when difficult child was really struggling! However, he goes to work at 5:00-7:00 so we will have a couple of hours of respite!

:bunny_ears:

Scent of Cedar *

We spent the day by ourselves. I have finally learned that D H would rather be alone than with people who are not family on the holidays.

Talk about putting a crimp in my style.

:O)

We have been married such a long time, but I am just beginning to "get" my D H. Isn't that the strangest thing.

Cedar

Kathy813

Staff member
My husband and I went out to brunch with another couple who are close friends. Difficult Child is in Florida and J went to New Orleans with friends. I was just thinking about how different it used to be. Church, family friends coming over for Easter dinner, Easter egg hunts in the backyard.

Of the nine children that used to participate in the Easter egg hunts (four families), three became involved with drugs/alcohol, two are gay, three became teachers, two are working on PhDs, one has a master's degree, and another starting on a master's degree, several working service jobs or in treatment. Three are married and one is starting a family. There is obviously some overlapping here.

All of the four couples are still married to their original partners.Some have faced job loss, heart problems, and two had breast cancer. Two have retired and the rest are still working.

Who would have thought all those years ago where we would all be now? It makes me think of the song from The Way We Were, "Oh, can it be that it was all so simple then?"

Just some random musing . . .

~Kathy

Last edited: