Former member had a son OD recently

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, pm me with any identifying info you have and maybe we can figure out who it is.

What a sad, sad thing. I'm holding onto jal's hand and extending it to...

Suz

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Thanks for the pm, TM.

I don't know the member you are referring to but she is certainly a board "sister" at heart and her son is *our* son so my heart is with them.

Suz

DammitJanet

Suz I was worried about several of you guys up there until I actually realized I thought I knew your real names. Your real name I suppose, Antsmom, DiDi, ....ohmygosh...just thought of someone. Remember the lady whose son was killed by a gang killing but then had an older son who was sent to prison for something else? Could this be that woman? I seem to remember that dreamer took a liking to her.

Steely

Gosh Janet I remember exactly who you are talking about...I wish all of "our family would stay connected no matter what".....we all care so much!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wish we could remember her board name. (because now it's bugging me to death)

Makes my heart ache though, no parent should ever have to experience that. Ever. :(

Marguerite

Prayers from Down Under. It is difficult but the nature of the board to lose people for many reasons. Some of those reasons are tragic. Sometimes we never know what happened - I remember reading posts from a member in New Orleans before the hurricane, telling us of her plans, her family's plans and how they could not leave because her husband's boss wouldn't let him, and she was needed as a volunteer. We never heard from them again. I remember she had horses and dogs she had done her best to stable, but was worried about them. Her husband was on the levees. I am not sure, she might have been in the dome...

I hope the family in this case can find a way through this mess.

Marg

DammitJanet

We have lost members over the years and I guess we can consider ourselves lucky if someone comes and tells us what happens. Thats one of the reasons that this boards web url is in my medical directions. Morbid maybe but if something happens to me and or Tony, the instructions are that someone has to come on here to let you guys know.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, my kids have the same instructions. So, maybe not so morbid. You guys are family and family needs to know such things and not be left wondering.

Marguerite

That's what worried me so much about our friend in New Orleans - we heard nothing, and I'm sure she would have posted or asked someone else to. But what happened there was so devastating that perhaps there was no way such an instruction could be followed up. Perhaps there was nobody to do it.

In our case, husband & I are both on this site independently, so we can 'tell on' one another. Plus I'm sure easy child could do it, I have this site bookmarked on her computer at her place.

Family is wherever you find it sometimes.

Marg

tiredmommy

Actually, Marg, I believe you are referring to two different members: Nikki(?) live just north of NOLA or possibly near Houston and volunteered for the shelters and her husband was either an emergency worker or power company worker... her family was fine throughout the emergency but she eventually grew away from the board. The other member was Penta; she had originally planned to stay put in NOLA despite the evacuation orders but thankfully changed her mind before it was too late. Her home was destroyed and she ended up relocating to a nearby state. She and her granddaughter have rebuilt there lives and are doing great. :)

DDD

Janet, I was thinking of the same Board member. She lived in an urban area, her son was murdered and she had one other son. The other family member's CD name is on the tip of my tongue but hasn't made it to my brain yet. She was Greek Orthodox, upper middle class, lovely person whose son did get out of Department of Juvenile Justice and did go away to college at his Dad's alma mater. The more I think about her the less likely it is she. Her son would be around 25 now and when she dropped off the Board he had been doing well for awhile. DDD

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am thinking "tracy" but she didn't go by that name - I could swear I read a post eons ago about this person. Now its making me crazy what the name is. I seem to remember she had something to do with the post office.

Marcie

Steely

Janet, I was thinking of the same Board member. She lived in an urban area, her son was murdered and she had one other son.

I remember this poster really well - and her name did not have deb in it, at least her screen name did not. I often wondered what happened to her because her son witnessed the murder of his brother - it was tragic.

Her screen name was something like 4Timmy????

Last edited: