Former member had a son OD recently

klmno

This is troubling. I was watching this thread, waiting to see if the member was figured out but now I want to go ahead and show support, in case she does stop by. This is very sad.

Fran

Former desparate mom
The member whose son was murdered was from the Philly area. I think Steely is right that it was 4 Timmy or something like that. It was a couple of years ago.
I wish I had a memory that worked but I can't recall anyone in Pa. who might fit this description.

DammitJanet

We are mixing members now. The member whose son was murdered is not the same person whose son OD'd.

The one whose son OD'd had Deb in the name but it is NOT our Abbey so please do not be confused there anyone.

Steely

Her screen name has deb in it - or her real name? (Sorry I seem to be easily confused lately)
How do you know it is not the member whose son got murdered? Her son was Timmy, but I looked it up, and 4Timmy was another member from Ohio back in 2008. I can't remember her screen name.

Marguerite

TM, the person I've been thinking of from New Orleans was Elizabeth.

With this boy's OD, have we heard any more news?

Marg

InsaneCdn

Just musing... perhaps Janet could send condolences informally from the board? The former member might like to know there is still support here... it would let her know that she can still come back and talk to her friends here...

DammitJanet

would love to but Im not the one who knows her on FB...lol. I was told by someone else who knows her on FB who used to be a member here but cant post here anymore because all she has is a webtv and it wont let her connect to this board. I have gotten this third hand. I went to TM to make sure it was okay to post this because it was third hand info. TM also saw the info on FB I believe. I havent been on FB in at least 3 weeks so I am out of the loop.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
i'll ask Dreamer if she's been given an update. I've been watching for one on fb but then I've been busy the past couple of days and I might have missed it.

bby31288

Hugs and support from New Jersey!! I have been around since difficult child was 6. She is now 19, so I am sure I would remember her also. What a tragedy...

Star*

call 911........call 911
This board family - is here for any and everyone who needs our support whether they have been a long time, former, old or new member. I BELIEVE it has always been the concern, compassion, love and caring, not to mention the knowledge, information and straightforwardness that sets us apart from other forums regarding children, adult children and parents who have family members with conduct disorders and co-morbids resulting from those illnesses.

With that thought in mind personally? Whomever the family is? My sincerest heartfelt sympathies to them go out at this time. You have my prayers and my added wish for whatever strength you can find with our family here. Feel free to lean on us, confide in us, and come to us when you are able.

We're always listening -
With Affection
Star

Sunlight

it was not Ant...thankfully. He is doing well. I do keep in touch with tpcmom, Bette, from PA, whose son Timmy was murdered at 16. They did find the murderers (it was other kids they knew from the neighborhood who even had the gaul to visit Bette after they shot her son in the head in a cold blooded murder.) As you remember, Janet, Bette's older son did some time in prison but is home last I talked with her.

Ant has a friend whose brother OD'd last week and it was very upsetting but he is still alive. Ruined his heart and lungs but is alive.

It can happen to any of us. May God send comfort and peace to the family involved.

DammitJanet

Did they ever prosecute those guys Janet? and..do you know who this member is/was? Being from PA and you would have been here back then maybe you would have known another member from PA who had the first name of Deb. Does that jog your memory?

Sunlight

Did they ever prosecute those guys Janet? and..do you know who this member is/was? Being from PA and you would have been here back then maybe you would have known another member from PA who had the first name of Deb. Does that jog your memory?

Yes, they did prosecute them. The murder happened in 2007 and it took a long long time til someone finally came forth and told on the murderers. Just this past year, they both got two consecutive life sentences each. Bette's son was killed simply because he was there at the same time as the guy they really wanted to kill. They both were ordered to kneel and shot in the head once each. The killers showed no remorse at the trial by jury. Bette came here to this forum simply because Timmy was bipolar and she was looking for support. Since the murder, her older son has never been the same. just found out today that he is back in jail. sigh. These kids live in a very tough area of Philly, have no father figure, scarce job opportunities and life is hard.

I cannot recall a deb from PA at the moment. I know of way too many overdose deaths, unfortunately. It is so hard on the parents. We have to know that we do all we can to prevent this.

DammitJanet

Lord Im sorry her son is back in jail. Sad. Glad though they caught the (cant type the word) that killed her son. Hope they are doing life without parole.

Sunlight

The panel of seven women and five men deadlocked on the death penalty issue thereby forcing Common Pleas Court Judge to impose life sentences by default.

Under Pennsylvania law a jury must agree unanimously to put a defendant to death. As convicted first-degree murderers both men could've received no less than life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The judge said the men were "irredeemable" and ordered two consecutive life terms for each killer in addition to 15- to 30-year sentences for each in connection with their convictions on weapons offenses and conspiracy. The killers were two brothers-in-law, so many families were affected by this tragedy.