Formspring???

susiestar

Roll With It
Have any of you heard of Formspring? It is a social networking site with the line: "Ask questions, give answers and learn more about your friends."

While this SOUNDS pretty interesting, it is coming under fire because the questions are often raunchy. I learned about it from the article "Do You Know Who Your Children Are Online?" Formspring's Raunchy Free-for-All" published at Dailyfinance

Kids are asking, and telling, all sorts of things. It is largely anonymous and teens are said to be abusing this (duh?). It does sound like it has some interesting things to offer, though I have not checked it out thoroughly for myself.

What do you think of it? Is it something your kids would be able to use appropriately, or do you think it would be just one more way for them to get into trouble?

I am not sure I even have an opinion about this yet, as I just learned about it today.

KTMom91

One of Miss KT's friends has used this, and the questions and her answers pop up for all her Facebook friends to see. As far as I can tell, although people can ask you anything, you aren't required to answer. I think it's just another way to get into trouble, since I imagine you're BSing to make yourself sound more important.

susiestar

Roll With It
It doesn't have to be connected to your facebook. It also can work with twitter, blogger and some other sites. I can imagine all KINDS of ways for my kids to get into trouble. On purpose and by accident!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think it's just another way to get into trouble, since I imagine you're BSing to make yourself sound more important.

FORM SPRING............OH I SEE.........It's like corporate -----SPRINGBOARDING.....it's just that instead of being an adult and lying about yourself in the corporate world to get ahead, you are just lying on FB.

Some things just never change......they just start training 'em earlier.

So this one night I'm tending bar, and in walks this man. He's with friends, he's dressed nice, he flirts, then he says -
I have a Ph.d, make six figures a year, I'm a cardiologist and I went to Harvard. Well Dr. no no reached around, touched my butt and I put him on the floor and gave his buddies a choice of either taking him out in one piece or I could take him out in two. A month later DF and I walked into his office Christmas party and there amongst all the construction workers was the man who I told DF about that night at the bar. You remember him honey - he's the cardiologist who grabbed my butt.

WOW - didn't that light up the night.