Found a new holiday goodie recipe that is a hit!

Mom2oddson

I always try to find one new recipe every year to try. This year, it was Easy Oreo Truffles from Allrecipes.com. (I like anything that says easy)

It was so simple and has been a HUGE hit! husband took some to work and they disappeared. I took some to my job and even the baggie that they were in disappeared!

This recipe has now been added to the "must do" recipe list for Christmas baking.

What are your favorite goodie recipes?

Easy Oreo Truffles
Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
(I used Wilton melts because I had that on hand)
Directions
Crush the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

susiestar

Roll With It
We LOVE these, though we use the white chocolate chips to coat them instead of the chocolate. The recipe I found called for the white and not the semisweet chocolate, but I did some in each coating. For some reason the white chocolate ones were eaten much, much faster than the regular chocolate ones. It almost seemed like too much chocolate when we used the chocolate. The white coating makes them look like snowballs. We took a few of the balls and made them smaller, then stacked them like snowmen as soon as they were dipped - they make adorable snowmen! The coating dries and hardens them together so they keep their shape. If it is too dry when you go to put the faces on you can put a bit of the coating on the back of whatever you use or use a clean paint brush to put a thin coat on the face area.

I had forgotten about these - YUM!! Thanks for the reminders!!

Another EASY Christmas treat:

Crush a couple of candy canes in a food processor (NOT too fine) or with a hammer. Melt a bag of white chocolate chips. Stir in the crushed candy canes (can use those red and white hard candy mints if you want). Have a bag of pretzel twists or waffles (salted pretzels taste a LOT better than low salt/unsalted ones) spread out on waxed paper or parchment paper. Put a small teaspoon of the candy mixture on top of the pretzels. Let harden at room temp, then store in an airtight container. Do NOT refrigerate.

You can also keep the melted white chocolate and the crushed candy canes separate. Use the thick pretzel rods and dip them about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way into the white chocolate. Then quickly roll the coated pretzel in the crushed candy canes, then let sit on parchment paper to harden. Target currently sells about 6 of these big pretzel rods in a container for about $4-$5, I usually get an entire bag of pretzels, a whole bag of the white chips, and the mints for $5 or less. You can experiment with different types of chocolate and different types of candy sprinkles, etc... My husband loves for me to dip them in melted peanut butter chips then drizzle them with melted chocolate.

Enjoy the yummies!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I love easy!! Got to try these two!

And I am sooooooooooooo lucky I've lost sooooooooooo much weight from having no teeth. Means I can be sooooooooooo bad this year! :rofl:

shellyd67

YUM ! I am going to make these. I have a quick, easy and tasty recipe too ... Melt 1 bag of white choc chips add crushed salted pretzels and salted pnuts ... spread out on wax papered cookie sheet and let set and harden. It is a hit ! Susiestar I always make the candycane bark too. :santa:

Mattsmom277

OMG that sounds delicious! And it could even be no sugar cookies if you get the sugar free chocolate stuffed cookies and buy sugar free chocolate for melting from a bulk store! I'm going to try them!!! I like the idea of the white chocolate and making into snow men, how adorable!!!

I've made 2 ingredient fudge the past couple of years. It's cheater fudge, and very sweet so must be cut very small! And it's important to really melt at each stage in order for it to blend well and set in a way that makes it creamy and not just sugary.

1 tub frosting
1 package chips

You use any flavors and can mix and match. I've done chocolate for both, chocolate chips with white frosting or cream frosting. Someone I know did chocolate with peanut butter chips. ANyhow, you just melt the chips and stir constantly until its very melted and smooth and pretty hot (you can add a small dab of butter if you like to keep it thickening back up to too thick. Then you stir in the frosting and stir quickly until blended and smooth (doesn't take long and shouldn't be kept on heat too long). Pour into buttered square pan and put in fridge to set.

I love doing the choc chips and vanilla or choc frosting, then I add in peppermint extract. I have also topped it after I pour with very finely crushed candy canes to make them festive and add to the whole peppermint thing.