Found out today DCF took wingnuts baby

KFld

I know it doesn't make a difference in mine or difficult child's life anymore, but I found out today that DCF took wingnuts baby away.

It seems like so long ago that I thought the baby was his and I was freaking out about it. Now difficult child is over a year clean and in a different relationship. So different then I thought it would turn out when she was pregnant.

I thank god everyday that the baby wasn't his. I know his life would be so different right now. I'm sure she is still using and I'm sure he would not have been able to remain clean if he was still with her and the baby was his.

I still think it is so sad. I hope the baby gets a second chance at her life and finds a good home with great parents who will give her everything she deserves. It's amazing that even though I don't really care what happens to wingnut, I still care about what happens to her baby. Maybe it's because I realize what the odds were that she wasn't my grandaughter.

Life is so bizarre.

I guess it's another chapter in my life that has passed.

witzend

The sadder part is that they will probably keep returning this baby to her (and her nutty mom) over and over again. I feel badly for the baby. It is also a little sad that she doesn't value herself enough to care. I'm really glad that difficult child is doing so well, and that he is on a steady course.

meowbunny

I hope that this will open her eyes and get her on the path towards recovery. Sometimes, not often enough, but sometimes it is an eyeopener for a young mother.

No matter what, I hope the baby ends up in a home where it is loved and where it thrives. No child deserves to be bounced back and forth or not feel safe.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It would be a good move for the baby as long as they don't send her back to Mom til Mom is clean for a long amt of time.

Saying prayers for that little one.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Saying thankful prayers that your son got out of his prior relationship and prayers that the child will find a stable two parent home where wingnut cannot intrude. We all hope that change can come about and miracles can happen, but it doesn't look like that will happen here. Saying prayers for a child in need......

:scared:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Prayers all around, Karen. Count your blessings. :angel:

So sad for the baby. Every baby deserves to have a home and a mom/dad who loves her. :crying:

ScentofCedar

How awful.

Does your son get it, do you think, just how close he came to living this hellish kind of existence?

Poor, poor baby.

Too bad the child cannot be placed for adoption now, while it is still young enough to forget all about its biological mother.

I am sure Wingnut will press for her "rights" to her child, though.

Barbara

KFld

I asked my son last night if he has run into her at all since he has been living back in the same town for close to two months now. He said he hadn't seen her at all but that he heard her baby was taken away. I just said to him, you are so lucky that baby wasn't yours, and he said, your telling me.

I think he gets it.