Found out what happened over spring break

Nancy

She and her boyfriend and three of his friends broke into the house down the street where a mutual friend of theirs lives and had a three day party. The neighbors called the police and they were all handcuffed, except for boyfriend who ran away, but difficult child called the dad whose house they were at and he talked to the police and told then they had his permission. The family was away on vacation. This dad has covered for kids all the time and they know he won't rat them out.

It's only a matter of time before difficult child is in jail doing hard time.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

If I were there? I'd take you out for coffee, a dessert and a very long day where neither of us spoke a word about our kids all day. ALL DAY. When I say I understand? I really, really do. (hangs head) I'm so sorry dear one. Hang in there. STAY STRONG

Hugs & Love
Star

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
She and her boyfriend and three of his friends broke into the house down the street where a mutual friend of theirs lives and had a three day party. The neighbors called the police and they were all handcuffed, except for boyfriend who ran away, but difficult child called the dad whose house they were at and he talked to the police and told then they had his permission. The family was away on vacation. This dad has covered for kids all the time and they know he won't rat them out.

It's only a matter of time before difficult child is in jail doing hard time.

Nancy

They broke into the neighbor's house and had a party--and he covered for them????? I'd like to smack him!

I wonder if the neighbor is aware that he can be held criminally liable for any underage drinking or drug use that went on is his home?

I wonder if the neighbor's homeowner's insurance is aware that he allows teens to party at his house while he is away?

I wonder if the neighbor is aware that he can be sued for anything that might happen to or between teenagers drinking on his property? If a teenage drunk trips and breaks an ankle--they can sue the neighbor for everything he is worth.

If a drunk teen gets in a car to head home after drinking on his property and they kill somebody...he can be sued and prosecuted. He could go to jail for a very long time.

But he doesn't want the kids to get into trouble?????

Nancy

This neighbor doesn't care about any of that. He told difficult child that she shoudl just do what the cops said because they are pigs. We have had words with this neighbor before because he has hidden difficult child when she's run away or when she just wants a place to hang and drink. He covered for his own son when his friends stole two hdtv's from their house. He covered for him when he took the family car even though his license was suspended and got into a crash with alcohol in the car. He covered for his son when he cut school to go drink all day at his girlfriend's and took difficult child along with him. This guy is a low life and I would be happy if I never had to see him again or hear his name.

Nancy

gottaloveem

I'd turn him into the police for allowing teens to drink at his house.
I wish I would've done it for the piece of work so called adult that used to let
Alex and any other kids party at his house AND PARTY WITH THEM!
I'm sorry, I really am, like Star said in her post, I wish all of us parents knew nothing
but glee club, football and PTA meetings.
Keeping my fingers crossed she decides turn things around 180 degrees and get it together.
I'll be thinking of you and your husband till that happens.

Love,
Lia

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, he should have turned them in but we all know how hard that is to do when your own child is involved. Nancy, let me know when you visit easy child in NC. I think we should meet for a few (or more) stiff drinks!

~Kathy

Nancy

Kathy,

I'm actually driving down there Thursday to help pack up her apartment and driving back the next day. Her student teaching is over and she's moving back home. I forgot you were in that area and I was down there in March.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Dang it! I would have driven up to meet you.

I thought that she was thinking of moving to North Carolina to teach. Is that still a possibility for next school year?

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((hugs)) Nancy

It probably would offer little comfort to say that most likely the reason they broke into this particular neighbors house to party was in fact because they knew he'd cover for them if they got caught. So they never had any real fear of repercussions.

Like someone else said, the neighbor is a idjit who's gonna have karma come back and bite him big time one day.

So sorry.:(

Fran

Former desparate mom
Don't you wish you could sell the house and move somewhere with no forwarding address?
Idjit is right about the dad. Her lack of remorse and tendency to do what feels right at the moment doesn't bode well.
Sending hugs to you and a boot to the behind of your youngest daughter.

Nancy

Witz, the police are well aware that he covers for kids. I have even discussed this with them myself when he tried to intervene on my difficult child's behalf when she cut school with his son and were found in the boy's girlfriend's apartment. They told him at that time that he had no right intervening on difficult child's behalf. But they claim there isn't anything they can do if the dad says he gave them permission to enter his house.

Nancy

JJJ

They can't get them for tresspassing but are they still being charged with underage consumption/possession???

N

Nomad

What is with these adults who "cover" for these difficult children.
Am I wrong, or did you know something was up?
And did I catch this right...it was his house that was broken into while he was on vacation, but he doesn't care?
If the father doesn't want to press charges, does this mean your daughter will not go to court?
I am sorry for you husband and youngest daughter.
Guess what? My friend, whose daughter reminds me a tad of yours (adopted, similar profile in other ways) just told me yesterday that her daughter was arrested for basically the same thing. She broke into a condo...family was snowbirds and only used it in the winter, etc. She was going in and out of the window and was caught. She spent one month in jail, but has to go before the judge again. I don't know the details. It is so sad. Ironically, my friend's daughter actually liked it in jail. Said she got food regularly, etc. It was a eerie comment....but somewhat understandable. You did your best and all hope is not lost. We can only pray. This is not your doing....just keep moving forward, taking note of the good around you. (hugs).