Found Tim Tams at Wmart!

dreamer

I, too found Tim Tams (Pepperdige Farm) at our Walmart, and yes thought of Marg. I found mine around Halloween and yes, I ate half the pack in one sitting, with a glass of milk and a cup of coffee. Delightful! :D

Estherfromjerusalem

Wow. First of all, the story about the jar of oil does not appear in the Old Testament at all. It may appear in the Book of the Maccabees which is one of the books of the Apocrypha. The Apocrypha is holy books that didn't quite make it into the Old Testament. I am really not very knowledgeable, and you are all so learned with your medical information, especially you Marg.

But yes, Marg's Man, the Tim Tams I saw were originals, from Australia, with writing for all sorts of countries. I have eaten them in the past (just once I gave in to myself and bought a packet, a long time ago), and they are just amazingly delicious. It's not fair that everything tasty is sinful (well, almost).

Isn't it funny, that a thread on Tim Tams could develop this way?!

Love, Esther

Marguerite

I guess eating Tim Tams are close to a religious experience..........

That's for sure!

Esther, thanks for clarifying the oil situation (sorry, I couldn't resist). I'll try and find a reference for interest's sake. I was planning on digging out the Apocrypha anyway, out of curiosity. I've been reading my way through the New Testament version (the Gnostic texts of various kinds).

My problem with getting a free yer's supply of Tim Tams (if it could be considered a problem) is tat they're only the Original variety, and my favourite (and the ones I was buying with the entry forms) are the dark chocolate ones and the double coat ones (double-dipped in milk chocolate).

But what it does mean, is every time I have a meeting to go to and I'm asked to take the bsicuits - well, everyone knows what I will be supplying! Mind you, for some reason people keep asking me to be the one to bring the biscuits along...

At the moment because it's summer, we have to keep a packet of them in the fridge fror an hour or so at least, before opening. Otherwise the chocolate is too soft and sticks to the pack instead of the bsicuit. When they were delivered, ti was a hot summer's day. We opened a pack right away and found them too soft and half-melted. But they are OK if we chill them off, there are no bits of chocolate everywhere.

I'm glad you're able to get hold of them in the US, it will help winter slide by much more enjoyably.

If you want real decadence, try a Tim Tam Slam -
http://loveandcooking.blogspot.com/2004/10/how-to-eat-tim-tam.html

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam_Slam[/ame]

OK, I've got to go open another pack now. You guys are a bad influence!

Marg

DammitJanet

Marge....Texas isnt the home of deep fried everything. Anywhere in the south is! And Texas isnt really considered the south to true southerners...LOL. NC, SC, GA, AL. Those are southern states. We could fry anything. FL also isnt a southern state. It has so many northern folks it should be sticking off Delaware!