Fran, any news...

Fran

Former desparate mom
I just got off the phone with our Suz.
She and ex are staying at a hotel near the hospital.
Rob started to rally enough that they extubated him. Suz squeezed his hand and said "hi Rob". He opened his one good eye, squeezed her hand and said "hi mama". Needless to say Suz melted with relief. Best squeeze she ever had.
He is still not himself but he is moving around, trying to eat, not peeing in a tube and will be out of ICU tonight.
He doesn't remember anything. Cussing like a sailor. Suz is hoping that maybe there was some sense knocked into him. LOL. (just joking)

Suz wanted me to tell everyone how important it is to her to have all of you behind her. Words can not describe her gratitude and appreciation. I'm sure she will tell you herself when she is on line. I relayed the messages I have gotten because I know how powerful all of your words are in a time like this.

It's too soon to know what the end result will be but at this point he seems medically stable. I'll let you know more as it is shared with me.

busywend

TEARS OF RELIEF!!!!!! Thanks Fran! I will sleep tonight!

Suz, still saying lots of prayers for Rob! And sending you some strength - you must be EXHAUSTED!!!!!

Love & HUGS!

everywoman

Thanks for the update----glad it looks a lot more promising than it did earlier. Prayers still being said for Suz, Rob, and ex.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
So glad to hear this. This is still a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), but they have come so far in dealing with treatment and rehab for these injuries.

Hopefully, if he does go back to riding a bike, he will do so with proper protective gear.\

I rode horses up until a couple of years ago and I always wore a helmet. Long before it was a "given". I still managed to scramble my brains in my early twenties, but I think I've recovered from that.

I am sort of neutral when it comes to motorcycles. I agree that they should be able to share the roads, but I also believe that protective gear should be mandated.

That soapbox bit aside, let's hope Rob continues to recover well and quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

smallworld

Fran, thank you for keeping us updated. I've thought of Susie and Rob all day. I'm so relieved the trend is moving in the right direction. Contining to send positive healing thoughts . . .

slsh

member since 1999
Pass the tissues, Busy, 'cuz I'm crying tears of relief here too. Phew/whew. Suz and Rob have been on my mind all day. I'm just so glad to hear Rob is making progress. What a huge relief.

I'll keep holding onto good thoughts. I hope Suz is remembering to take care of herself too.

mstang67chic

Going Green
What a great update!!!!! Maybe Suz will rest a little better tonight. I'm sure she needs it.

A friend's son was in a car wreck a couple of years ago and had a head injury. I remember being in his room within days of the accident and he was constantly cussing too when they would make him move his leg. (He broke his femur and docs put a rod in it) Being a teenage boy, I'm sure he cussed anyway but would never have done it in front of his parents and probably rarely in front of me. It was just something about that injury that scrambled something to where he just wasn't himself for a bit. He's doing great now...maybe a bit of memory issues but nothing terribly huge. In fact, he left this past weekend for college where he will be wrestling on his school's team.

Suz, take a deep breath now and get some rest! Good thoughts and prayers still going out for you all.

DammitJanet

I am so glad I came back online to read this!

Not surprised about the cussing and fussing. Just something that goes along with brain injuries. Even I wasnt my ladylike self...lol.

Steely

I am coming into this very late, but please let Suz know my prayers are also with them. I got chills reading the updates, and I am so thankful that things are looking up. I will continue to send positive thoughts.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Fran for the update. I've been thinking of Suz and Rob all day, and sending many prayers up for them. I will continue with the prayers.

graceupongrace

Stable is good. I was just aching for Suz today, so I was pleased to see some progress in the update (thanks again, Fran).

Continued hugs and prayers.

LittleDudesMom

Thanks for keeping us updated, Fran.

My prayers and thoughts are still with Rob, Suz, ex and all affected by this accident. Sounds like some positive steps were made last night in his recovery.

Sharon