1/3 C Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
# Scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 C Unsalted butter
1/4 C All purpose flour
1 1/4 C Milk
1/8 tsp. ground pepper
5 Large eggs, separated, room temp.
Pinch cream of tartar

Heat oven to 350°. Butter 1 1/2qt souffle dish. Combine spinach, gorgonzola, parmesan and scallions in large mixing bowl. Make bechamel. Melt butter in medium sauce pan over medication heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring frequently 2 min. Gradually wisk in milk and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 min. Stir in pepper and remocve from heat. Let bechemal cool slightly, then stir in cheese mixture. Lightly beat egg yolks, add to cheese mixture and stir to blend. Whip egg whites in mixing bowl until foamy. Add cream of tartar and whip until peaks are stiff, but not dry. Add 1 quarter of the whites to the cheese mixture and fold together gently until blended. Add remaining whites and fold together, gently. Pour into prepared souffle dish and bake until top is browned and center wobbles just slightly 40-45 min. Serve at once.

Enjoy!

My mom used to make it with-cheddar when I was younger in stead of the gorgonzola. Now I love it with-gorgonzola and so does 6 yr old difficult child!

Happy Holidays!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Excellent. I may have to experiment and add it to the menu tomorrow.
Thank you. I love cheese.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Asolutely wonderful.
My family loved it. It was the first time I made a souffle. The guys were very impressed.

Thanks. It's a keeper.