Fran...you said you hadnt seen her before

Fran

Former desparate mom
Janet, she is beautiful. I love the tiara.
Every little girl should believe she is a princess and special. (not act like one of course).
She has gorgeous skin. Thanks for the photo's.

DammitJanet

Thanks. Yes she does think she is a princess...lol. Her Papa's princess. Honestly I never thought I would see him take to a little girl so much but she has him wrapped around her finger so tight it isnt even funny. All she has to do is look at him with those big blue eyes and he is done for. She is Grandma's Girl but she is Papa's baby.

klmno

Lordy, she must be strong- that trophy looks like it weighs more than her! LOL!!

She is a doll!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Cute kid.I have SERIOUS issues with the whole child pageant scene. Seems to methat overall it is bad for the kids and does not send an appropriate message to either children or parents.

That said, these seem to be fairly tastefully made up and they also seem comfortable on stage as well.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Keyana is such a little doll!! :D

I'm not crazy about the pageants either...........but this one the kids may be dressed up to the hilt......but they still look like kids. Awesome!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I think with me that when I think of child pageants I immediately think of all those creepy photos of JonBenet Ramsey

donna723

These pageants like Keyana is in are just cute and I don't have a problem with the ones like this. The kids still look and act like kids, they're obviously having fun, nobody is mortgaging the farm to pay for $3000 dresses, and the family's life doesn't revolve around the pageant circuit.

But the extreme 'glitz' pageants creep me out too! I mean the ones with the fake hair, fake tans and fake teeth, where the kids are made up to look like miniature adults! There is just something so WRONG with seeing a little person that looks like they have the face of a twenty year old on a six year old body!

svengandhi

Well, my views on pageants are echoed here.

However, Keyana is just precious! What a smile on her and what a delightful face.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I watched German documentary on the US "baby-pageant" culture when I lived in Germany.

It occurred to me that I took considerably more care of my show CATS and DOG's emotional well-being than these humans did of their children.

Like I said, Keyana's "gig" looks pretty harmless, but overall the whole tots n' glitz scene gives me the creeps.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Yup......that's Pappas baby! What a little dolly!

Between the size of that trophy and the tiara I'm surprised she could walk. lol.

She looks like she was having a good time. Actually everyone did. Nice to see a pageant where parents AND Grandparents used good sense.

Thanks for sharing J -

DammitJanet

If I could post the video that they did before they wore these dresses I would. They were all in cute little overalls and bare feet. It is a peanut festival! They were dancing to a country song which escapes me right now...lol. Her overalls were denim with pink lace on the cuffs. Her skin tone is completely natural. No fake tan.

These pageants are so good for her. She has become so outgoing. When she meets someone she will shake their hand and introduce herself with her full name and a "How you doin'?" LOL. It doesnt bother her at all to get out in front of a ton of people and dance around. She loves it.