Freaking Homework

tiredmommy

Duckie has a project on immigrants and she's making a scrapbook of things about my grandmother that emigrated from England as a teen. So we're looking at photos and slideshows, etc made of my grandmother's life. I can't believe she's been gone over 5 years! :crying:

Nancy

I know this brings up sad memories but what a nice tribute to her. My grandparents came from England too.

Nancy

buddy

What an emotional assignment. Nice that you can share memories with Duckie though.

Kind of related.....does anyone watch Who Do You Think You Are? I think passing on our family stories is so important and meaningful.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
TM, I think it's a great assignment... Sad and wonderful at the same time.

Buddy - yes, I do. Most of them are super fascinating. In fact because of that and Bean I am learning all kinds of things about my family. Mom's side has a couple self-appointed geneaologists (sp?) and so we know quite a lot. Dad's, on the other hand... My Dad's Dad's Dad emigrated from Greece in 1910, and we found out what his REAL first name was just this last year. And when he was born (we'd always guessed). Next step is going to be finding his wife, Grandpa's mother, who ran off or something when my Grandpa was about 5. Although from what I have heard about GGpa, she probably had good reason...

I wish there had been more on the episode about Rob Lowe, he was born in Dayton Ohio...