Free for all vent

mstang67chic

Going Green
You don't have to explain, you don't have to tell the whole story. Heck, you don't even need to say who it's directed to. But feel free to vent here. Me first.

Really? You honestly think you're going to get the truth out of him? Do you REALLY think he's going to tell you why the tv has obviously been moved, why that stack of stuff that was on the love seat is now strewn all over the living room and why there is a remote control that is not ours????

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Let me know if you figure out the dog thing. My German Shepherd is a sofa-licker. First time I saw a wet spot on the sofa, I was ready to strangle the cat until I bent down and sniffed the spot and didn't smell cat pee.

It seems to be an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) sort of thing. He sorts of zones out and licks the sofa. It's microfiber and you can imagine what the upholstery looks like. Yuck!

KTMom91

Why am I the only one who seems to be genetically capable of cleaning the kitchen? Why is scrubbing the stove a mystery that none of you of you can comprehend? I HATE HATE HATE the stack of stuff that's creeping ever so slowly to the kitchen door, turning my relatively big kitchen into a flippin' horseshoe...why am I the only one who cares? Where am I supposed to put this stuff? How am I supposed to get the layers of grease off of the ice chest that is being used as a base for more stuff? It's been so long since we put up the upper cupboards that the style probably isn't available for the lower cupboards that we couldn't afford then. Are we EVER going to replace the countertop that Miss KT broke? Are we EVER going to finish painting? Are we EVER going to put a new floor down?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My left foot and both of my knees are swollen from walking this weekend. One knee is bruised, simply from walking.

YES, I am going to sit as much as I can tonight, but it really would have been nice to have had help loading the kegs and co2 canisters into my truck tonight since they HAVE to go back so I can get that $400 deposit back. But don't worry, I got them. By myself....jerk.

Oh, and in response to the front page story about how well the school is doing since they met their 70% goal in several areas on the state wide testing...here's my virtual letter to the editor.

Dear Editor,

In response to your story about the district meeting its goals on some of the state wide assessments...

Congratulations.

My third grader can't read. And they won't let him go to school.

Great work.

Signed,
Just the dumb mom.

I'll go to the darn beach whenever I please. You have your hot dinner on the table- and your house is all nice and clean. Since you don't help do one chore, be thankful towards me, and say, "Have fun!" We both bring home the paycheck, but we both don't do the housework.

In addition, the beach is free. I'm relaxing, and the kids don't want to come along. I'm enjoying every minute, reading my book, and nobody will ruin it for me.

(This is what I may feel like saying tomorrow if someone has a problem)

Andy

You are 13 and 20 years old! When I am taking a nap, you can take care of yourselves and LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! Your bugging me every 10 - 15 minutes is not helping!!!

flutterby

Fly away!
Why is Chloe jumping into my lap specifically to pee on me??? 3 times in 2 days. I think she's getting ready to go into heat and is marking me. It's really gross. (And, no, it's not a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).)

And - just because I am chronically ill and unable to bring in an income does not mean my 19 year old son and his 18 year old fiance (and others who shall remain unnamed) have the right to act as though I am invisible and insignificant, and treat me as a child.

tawnya

why am I the only one who cares? Yep.

And my dogs lick the sheets on the bed? Don't worry...no action there lately.

husband has two jobs...bring the trash cans in (note: not taking the trash out), and getting the mail.

I live with two great big slobs, and I'm getting really tired of it.

Marguerite

I hate this election campaign. Both political parties have been so careful to not offend, they're not dealing with the issues. But we have a PM whose capability is not showing (due to the caution) and another candidate whose incompetence is not showing (because of the caution). So everything is as boring as batsh** and nothing looks like happening.

Whoever you vote for, what you get is a politician!

Oh yes, and the news yesterday said that the locusts are beginning to hatch west of Dubbo, if we don't get on top of it, there will be a locust plague of Biblical proportions. We don't generally get them on the coast but it has been dry and sometimes the wind blows them this way, later on when the hoppers have metamorphosed into flyers.
Then yesterday afternoon, I saw a hopper in the garage. So the locust plague IS in Sydney too.

We actually have a government official whose title includes phrases like "Australian plague locust division manager". He's going to have to earn his bikkies!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/09/2976990.htm

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm tired of mosquitoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and lots else but you really don't want to get me going tonight).

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
To debate the point that no one ever calls me is besides the point - you need to replace YOUR phone, and not with mine.

Marcie

everywoman

No, I really do not have time to wait for your adjuster to fit me into his oh so busy schedule. I pay my stupid premium on time; you should send someone out to check out my cars in a timely manner. I need my car back.

susiequte

Why is is that when you are watching the 2.5 year old all you can accomplish is watching the TV? When I am watching the 2.5 year old, I manage to do 4 loads of laundry, put the dishes away, take a shower, unpack from the weekend getaway, feed the kid, bathe the kid, etc.......

DammitJanet

Why is it that all I hear about is how hard you work? I know you work hard! You dont give a rat's patatootie that I am sick or changing medications or feeling like doggy poo all day long and that if I could go back to work I would do it in a New York minute! I hate being stuck at home with no one to talk to, feeling useless, having my family tell me I am not worth anything because I forget how to do the simplest of things. This isnt fun or the life I wanted!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Not a good morning....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What makes you think I want to 'fool around' with you when all you've done today in the 20 minutes we've spent talking is put down my kids, make fun of my cleaning frenzy, complain about dinner, and ask me what I did all day on my ONE day off (and wasn't even really a day off since I went into the office 1/2 and STILL did everything else)?!?!?!!?

Pardon me for taking 90 minutes of my day to watch a movie by myself. Turd."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Really, so you can't remember to put your toothbrush back INTO the cup next to the sink that you took it from that's been there for the 15 years we've lived here? Really? So, the shaving cream, your scrubby razor and toothbrush all get to sit and soak in the lake you left on the bathroom vanity?" Nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

difficult child, is it any wonder why you can't hold down a job for any substantial length of time? You obviously don't get the concept that managers want workers who get there on time, at least pretend they want to be there and are appreciative of having a job! Not workers who skid into the office with nary a minute to spare smelling like cigarettes, coffee and morning breath."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If we don't have our own room while we're there, I'm leaving. Just a warning. Be prepared to find a ride home if you don't leave with me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how's the real world treatin' ya? Nice to hear from you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Find some new material, a new joke and maybe make a friend for yourself. I'm tired of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like I said, not a good morning.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Why is it so hard to put stuff in the dishwasher instead of the sink - where I have things soaking? You have to walk PAST the darn thing. No, there's not a trash can right next to the sofa, and I don't need to see eensy bits of paper everywhere on the floor I JUST VACUUMED. I've been at work all day, and no, I DIDN'T get the dentist called. You could take 5 minutes and do it yourself. I did ask someone else to make dinner for once, why am I cooking grilled cheese for myself at 8 PM when I asked at 6? Yeah, I have a headache/belly ache too, but I'm not taking a nap. Yes, you need to GET UP when I ask, if I have to go to work maybe you could do something productive! And check the water for leaks, our bill is 3x normal and has been. What's up with that?

And Squirrel licks plastic. Anything plastic. WEIRD.