Freedom -- Just got back from the airport!

Estherfromjerusalem

Thank you all, for your comments. I'm getting used to it and it feels good. He has been phoning, but today he didn't phone even once. Maybe it's because yesterday I didn't immediately phone him back and the call was at his expense!! He is due to begin work next Monday. I am so curious to know how he will get on. It is going to be very interesting. Maybe it will be the making of him, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I will take each day as it comes and enjoy it. I can already feel my nerves beginning to calm down. Oh well, at the age of 65 it is nice to finally have some peace at home.

Love, Esther

katya02

Solace
Congratulations from snowy Pennsylvania, Esther! I'm so glad to hear that you have quiet at home now and your difficult child is trying his wings in Australia.
As you say, it may well be the making of him. No matter what happens, he will gain life experience. I agree that, with an empty nest, dynamics change
and routines have to be re-established. husband and I have been working at this since last fall. It's a good thing - just a different stage in a marriage. :)