Fresh new he**

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Gfg2s civil commitment was overturned by the state supreme court. This roller coaster never ends.

I am grateful husband called to tell me while I was at work. I allowed myself about a half hour pity party and now I am trying to focus on work. Obviously not completely successful on that but working at.

I hope some sort of magic intervention happens.

Beth

scent of cedar

Oh no, Beth. I don't know what to say or how to extend comfort, but I do know this: Recovering described that shocky, horrified feeling to me as FOG. That is what it feels like, like the ground has gone crashing out from under us, and we can't see how to stand up again, how to function, how to even think. When I have been in that place, it has helped me so much to name it, and to know it will pass. Like me, you will be able to think again. You will come to terms with it, and you will be able to go on from here.

For now, know that I am sending you courses and courses of strength, helping you to know you will make it through this until you know that for yourself.

Deep breaths will help. Monitoring your own responses will help you get a handle on your emotions and give you a place to stand, a little crevice to dig into and hang on.

I am praying for you right now, Beth. Sending light and strength and a sense of composure.

What a horrible shock.

I'm so sorry this is happening.

Cedar

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
No word from difficult child 2. He can be held until things are finalized. Today's fresh and cheery part is now it is on the internet.

scent of cedar

That is awful. I remember watching a television program on domestic abuse once?

And there was my daughter, being hit.

It was unbelievably hard to function when it was a private matter. So unreal, to see it made public like that.

Light a candle for him, say a prayer for him and for yourself. Repeat the Serenity Prayer until it helps.

God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change
the Courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Keep posting, Beth. It helps, and there are times when even the smallest ray of light makes all the difference in the world.

Cedar

BusynMember

I don't really know the story, but I am assuming that this adult child is a danger to you. Please take care. I am sooooooooooooo sorry.

Pam