Freshman Picture

K

Kjs

He wants a retake. I actually really like it.
I don't often get pictures. I purchased Kindergarden,6th grade 8x10 only (first year of middle school:sad-very:.) and First year of High school.

He is working harder than I have ever seen. Grades are important to him but very hard. Honors is a chapter a day! He spends atleast 4 hours a night which leaves him no time to visit friends. He is sooooo very tired. Was in bed on a Friday night by 9pm because he was so tired. I feel so bad for him.

Awww...I think it's a great picture. He doesn't need to retake, he's so handsome in this one.-Alyssa

K

Kjs

you know, I look at this picture and see all the good things. Then I think to myself, nobody would ever imagine the rage in him. From someone who doesn't know him and would witness a meltdown...between us, I bet they would think he was a nut, or I was a bad mother. Which of course both my kids have said.

but I do like the picture. and do not want to discuss school. 16.5 school days left in this quarter. We are counting down quarters now. Easier than the entire year!

klmno

I like it, too! If he did a re-take because he isn't comfortable with it. could you choose between the two afterwards?

KTMom91

That's a nice picture!

Kjs, I struggle with the same thing looking at Miss KT's pictures. I understand. Sending hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know - I have no idea what I was expecting but I opened the picture (cause I'm nosey)

And even DF said - WOW he's a handsome kid - who's boy is that?

I thought the same - WOW. I like the leaned over stance - it says "I'm so cool and laid back."

What a georgeous smile.....he's a looker! :D

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Him? How could that good looking sweet faced handsome young man ever rage? It is pretty funny how a picture can just melt our hearts... he is awfully good looking! Rages and all!

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's a keeper. He looks so natural. Tell him his board aunties have over ridden his choice. We like him.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, a couple of questions....... do retakes cost money? can you choose between original and retake?

I really like the original, but if HE doesn't like it and he has worked hard to improve his grades he needs some say about it..... We never quite see ourselves as we really are in pictures..... We have an idea of how we look and it is never quite the same as the picture..... If you don't get to choose between the two, warn him that the retake could be much worse....... The only thing I would have changed is the dark background, but that may be something you don't have control over..... Can he describe what he doesn't like about the picture? On the other hand in several years this picture will more than likely be forgotten and wait until you hit senior pictures to fight the battle.......

meowbunny

Sorry, unless a retake is an additional cost and you really can't afford it, I'd go for letting him do the retake. It doesn't matter how great we all think the picture is (and he is a cutey), he doesn't and that's the bottom line.

DDD

If you can afford it, let him make the choice. Sounds like he has earned it and making choices of your own at that age is important. DDD