Friday Update...difficult child wants us all to "Shut Up"

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
...so we did.

Had appointment with therapist yesterday to "express our concerns" about difficult child's mental state and possibility that Celexa is making her depression worse.

Unfortunately, psychiatrist is unwilling to make any medication changes at this time.

As for difficult child, she spent the session being a brat....blaming everyone and everything for her actions. She told therapist and me that if we would all just shut up and leave her alone and stop talking to her about everything and just let her be by herself then she would start making better choices.

Until we do that, however, she is just going to keep doing this stuff because it's fun and she likes all the drama and she enjoys it when we get worried and upset.

So, the family barely said two words to her all evening.

And this am...she was just as cranky as ever.

Looks like it's gonna be a lovely weekednd!

--DaisyFace

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
by the way--I feel really guilty for not talking to my daughter....but it's not like I'm "not speaking to her"...I'm just not saying any more than is necessary because that's what she said she wanted.

So I feel like a jerk...like I'm playing some passive-aggressive game

This is so stupid.

change

We should get our 14 yr. olds. together and let them deal with each other...then maybe we'll get a break. ;)