friend succumbed to mental illness

DammitJanet

I dont know if many of you remember when I was going to my group therapy last spring and summer but I made a friend in that group I will call daughter. She was a survivor of childhood sexual abuse who also had major depression and borderline personality disorder.

She was 35, married with no children.

Friday she overdosed and died. :crying:

I talked to her on the phone a week or so ago and she seemed fine. We went to the same therapist. My therapist just emailed me to tell me this and I called her to talk. I am just so sad about it coming to this. daughter has always battled suicidle thoughts and she has been hospitalized several times since I have known her. I had hoped she was taking a turn for the better but I guess the disease won.

:sad:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>What a heartbreak. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I hate what mental illness does to people and families. Hugs, Janet.</span>

kris

<span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style="color: #6600CC"> janet, i'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

DammitJanet

Thanks everyone.

It is just so heart breaking to find out like this. I guess I never figured she would actually go through with it.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
What a lonely place to be - what a horrible choice; to believe that death would be the only answer.

Janet, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

DammitJanet

Thanks again everyone.

What keeps going through my mind pertains to some of the kids on this site. The evil that people can visit on innocent children can effect them and damage them for the rest of their lives. They may never recover. It absolutely changes who they are.

It should never happen. I hope there is a special place in you know where for the people who do these things.

Liahona

I'm sorry for the hurt you are going through.

I do believe there is a special place in you know where. Sometimes that belief is all that keeps ex alive. Other wise I think I'd just flip out at him.

rejectedmom

Janet, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I have no words that will give you comfort just ((((((((HUGS))))))))) for your hurting heart. -RM

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That place that takes us so low sucks... depression sucks. Pedophiles and all the like suck...

I am sorry for your pain Janet.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Such a tragic loss. :frown:

I've always believed God has a "special" punishment for those who victimize the innocent.

Sending many warm gentle hugs my friend.

(((((hugs))))))

SunnyFlorida

Sorry for the loss of a friend. Mental illness is not a very nice disease. I can pick many others I would have chosen my difficult child to have.