Friends? ARGHH!!!!

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
difficult child son nearly died 3 weeks ago from an asthma attack. Docs convinced him to stop smoking everything, or he could die the next time. He's been smoke-free ever since, between the scare tactics of the docs and actually living through the episode.

Found out yesterday, though, that one of his so-called "friends" tried very hard to get him to light up a cig. difficult child said "no thanks, I have a Commit lozenge that will put three times as much nicotine in my system as your cig, and I won't <u>die</u> in the process."

Yay for my son, but his friend then calmly replied "you'll start smoking again. I just know it...."

:grrr:

This isn't one of his drug buddies, but one of his regular, non-pothead friends (what my wife would call a "typical" in her preschool special needs class).

What the HELL kind of person would try and encourage a behavior that nearly killed his friend? And I can't even blame his friend's action on "pothead solidarity". Just teen stupidity?

:grrr:

Some things I'll never understand. Or, maybe I used to, then I grew up and forgot them.

Mikey

DDD

That's why teens are teens. You can not fully anticipate nor
understand them because........lots of their nonesense is just
that. Instantaneous babble and action. DDD

KFld

I'm sure it's not as fun for his friend to smoke alone :smile:
Teens are teens and all they think about is usually themselves.

Just be glad your difficult child said no and let it go. You have no control over what his friends are going to try to pressure him into, only your son can control how he reacts.

Teens. At 13 or 14 they go into some kind of stage between larva and adult, like an insect, where they are completely impervious to all reason, logic, and responsibility, and they don't emerge until the mid-20s.

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HereWeGoAgain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Teens. At 13 or 14 they go into some kind of stage between larva and adult, like an insect, where they are completely impervious to all reason, logic, and responsibility, and they don't emerge until the mid-20s. </div></div>

Mid-20's? Ouch! :smile:

I was wondering if we could just make it until he grads HS!

Serenity Prayer, here I come (again)!

Mikey

PS: If you're right, think the insects have it easy - at least their larvae are either in a coocoon or simply move slow, eat, and sleep. Bug parents don't have NEAR the problems difficult child parents have, even if their kids share some of the same traits! Consequently, if I have to have kids in my next life, I'm coming back as a grasshopper!

mom_in_training

Its very annoying to know of the bad influences that see it as a problem when their friend decides not to do this or that anymore. Good for your difficult child for standing his ground and not caving in. Did that clue in your difficult child that this guy was not much of a true friend? I'll tell ya I don't know whats worse, Our difficult children peers or a man of 42 that I discovered was smoking pot and drinking with my difficult child. This would be when the troubles started for her. This 42 year old was as dumb as a box of rocks and took pride in acting as if he were still 16 or 17. I had to get a restraining order to keep the creep away from my difficult child. It was freaky to say the least!!!!!

KFld

"Consequently, if I have to have kids in my next life, I'm coming back as a grasshopper! "

In my next life I'm going to stick to raising puppies!!!

tracy551

My son has a heart condition and his freinds knew it and still didn't try to stop him in fact they encourage him. Real friends huh?