Fruit/gift basket

F

flutterbee

:grrr:

Well, last night it said it would be here by Dec 26 with Standard shipping. Today it's Jan 4. The soonest I can get it here which is using Priority Overnight is Dec 27 which adds $14.99 per item!

I guess I'm on to something else. Sigh...

F

flutterbee

Well, it turns out it was just that one basket. There must have been a high demand for it. So,

I didn't get the preserves this time because the above basket was a bit more than the other and was really pushing my budget. Winter will go on for a few more months, so I'll have more opportunities to get the preserves. And by then, hopefully I will know a bit more about my neighbor and should know whether to get the sugar-free or not.

SRL

Mmmmmm...those look good.

Every year someone sends us a fruit basket from a local floral shop and every year the apples are mealy--huge apples that don't seem as if they were stored properly. It's a business acquaintance of my husband's so there's nothing to say but "thank you."

Star*

call 911........call 911
Heather,

I'm not just thinking of me when I say this - because Meow Bunny is just down the road a ways - but you just GOTTA find a way!

And I will ask the dogs to go to their room. Big honkin bulldog- if that's the only reason you are coming I will stand out on Hwy 26 at a certain exit and you can throw the pears out the window and continue on your way to Bunnys Hutch...I'll catch you on the return drive - we'll have 1/2 cup of coffee so you can make it all the way back home.

DammitJanet

Hey...if she is driving to go by 26 then she HAS to pass me on 95!

I dont even need any pears. She can stop for coffee or to pee at SOTB and we can meet up. LOL.

F

flutterbee

Oh, I love doggies. No need to hide them, Star. I wonder if they like pears. hmmmm.... I thought you were heading north anyway. Or were you just teasing?

Janet - I'll have to pee; that's a given. :rofl: But what is SOTB?

Gee - you mention food and a bit of excess energy and all of a sudden you're in demand. :wink:

So, I'm heading to the Carolinas and Florida. I'll have to mapquest it. Anyone else on the way?

Leave the light on for me, ladies.

everywoman

Hey now, if you are coming to SC, you must pick up Janet on 95, Star on 26, and then head down to the SC beaches and see me before heading to MB's house in Florida! I raved on the pears first!

DammitJanet

SOTB...South of the Border...lmao. You cannot miss it. Its the gaudiest, tackiest, most advertised tourist trap from Difficult Child to Florida I think. There are signs about every 10 miles telling you just how far it is to this place, telling about Pedro and advising the kids to keep on yelling so the parents will stop!