Frustrated and hurting

susiestar

Roll With It
I feel I am never going to get through this medical maze.

I have been dealing with prescription refills, calls to docs to get things faxed for refills for husband (his doctor NEVER ok's anything until the 3rd call!), trying to schedule the various things for my neck injury, etc.

Had PT today and it is not looking promising. Very painful. :thumbsdown: I will stick with it, always have.

I was supposed to hear from someone about scheduling the steroid injection. No calls from any docs. So I call the doctor who is doing the referring. Took 10 minutes for the nice lady to sort out the records and see that the referral WAS done, 2x. She gave me the doctor who is doing hte injection's #.

I called the office for the injection doctor. First they didn't want to talk to me because they only talk to doctors? What?????? I persevered, and got scheduling. They have to do an "indepth examination" to see if they will treat me. Apparently I was referred before and they did not feel they could treat me. ?????

I went over the list of docs I have been referred to in hte last 10 years. (It is more of a book, and has all my treatment info, etc.. in it). I have no record of being referred to them. I think my college doctor referred me to a number of places when husband graduated and I couldn't go to hte college doctor anymore.

But now it looks like the doctor that takes my insurance may not agree to treat this problem. I am NOT asking him to treat all my health issues. Just this neck thing.

Pray, rattle beads, and cross fingers this practice will at least talk to me. Otherwise I am not sure I will be able toget this done. And in order to get the neck thing fixed permanently we have to try this step first.

Oh, and the PT won't set me up with the traction unit the doctor prescribed. Why??? No answer on that. :grrr:

I am so sickof this mess. I want to go do things with my kids, to clean my house, to be a regular mom.

Thanks for listneing.

Thanks,Susie :sad:

busywend

Ugh! How very frustrating for you. I will keep fingers crossed and rattle beads that this office will see you.

I hope you can get on a path to recovery soon!

:nurse:

F

flutterbee

I'm so sorry. It shouldn't be this difficult. Sending good thoughts and strength your way.

(((hugs)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
How absolutely frustrating and wrong this is. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Sending prayers your way that things start going in a more positive direction soon! :angel:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

It just shouldn't have to be so hard for you to get treatment. I'm so sorry you've gotten caught up on this merry-go-round. I'll be praying you can get this treatment moving ahead quickly.

:nurse: I'm sure you can think of a place to stick this if doctor makes the wrong decision. :rofl:

((((hugs))))

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
What a nightmare. I hope this situations straightens itself out soon. Do you have an advocate to help you?

My GPs physicians assistant is my advocate. She & her nurse run interference, set up the appts, especially when referrals are necessary & call weekly to make sure things are running smoothly. She has become the point person for the numerous doctors treating me & for information that husband & I need as well. She brings it all down to my level when needed.

Susie, I asked her if she would help me because I could no longer do it. I'm learning when I cannot do something because of my physical issues to ask for help. It's been a humbling experience but one I've needed to learn.

Find yourself and advocate somewhere in all those doctors you're seeing. There needs to be a point person who has a clue as to what's going on with you; who's prescribing what medication & what test, along with the results. It's in your best interest.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It is like a private joke... but you are not in on it... ugh. make you jump through hoops... do a little phone dance...

The medical system drives me crazy!!! I am so sorry you are going through this.

Soft hugs

K

Kjs

Really feel for you with the medical maze. Been there myself lately. Be careful with steroid injections. I had a very adverse reaction.

Hoping things work out for you.

susiestar

Roll With It
I only plan to get one steroid injection. It will give me a migraine. Epidurals always do. So do steroids. But this is supposed to give some relief tothe neck thing. I just have to keep calling.

I have asked the nurse at the ortho hospital to keep on top of this. I have also asked my doctor's nurse, who flatly said no. She made hte appointment with the awful neuro, saying he was the only doctor who would see me. Not sure haw many she tried, but that doesn't aound right.

I have to track down the pt orders, what I was told I needed is different than what they are doing. ARG.

Thanks to all,

Susie