Full Barrel Baseball Bat..

K

Kjs

Anyone know of a place I can purchase a used one?

difficult child says he needs one now that he is on a bigger field and it is allowed this year.

So, I went to look at the sporting goods store. $250. on clearance. (last years model) $350 or more for new model.

WHO can afford a youth baseball bat like that??? He is going to be very disappointed when he finds out he is not getting one.

I do not even know where to look for a used one. Or a cheap one.
Any baseball players out there that have knowledge of this?

meowbunny

If there's a Play It Again Sam store near you, check it out. They sell used sporting goods at pretty decent prices.

You could also check out freecycle. It's an organization set up in communities around the world. People offer things they want to get rid of for free. You can also post for something you need. It amazes me what all people are willing to give to strangers.

nvts

Check with his coach: we pass on outgrown gloves, bats, even cleats so that they can be reused (they only wear the cleats about 15 times in little league!). You also can find out who might have quit early on and his mom is looking to get rid of equipment!

Beth

K

Kjs

I spoke to both the commissioner of the Little League and the upcoming Kiwanis League. Neither league has any type of equipment sale.

Sure wish they would. There are plenty of 9 - 12 year olds in Little League that could use the collection of bats we have. As well as Gloves he has out grown.

I have had two very bad experiences with E-bay. Don't want to go back there.

Never heard of free cycle, I will check it out.

Yes, the second hand store does not have any.

thanks I will look into this.

donna723

Are you talking about an aluminum bat?

I'm sort of surprised that they have to provide their own bats! My son played for eight years and the bats were furnished, also other things like catcher's equipment, masks, etc. They had to provide their own glove and shoes, but that was it.

If we had to pay that much for a bat, he wouldn't have been playing!

susiestar

Roll With It
Join your local FreeCycle group and post. It will go out to all in the area who are on FreeCycle's list. I have received a number of things we couldn't afford to buy, and have gotten rid of a lot of stuff we couldn't afford to have hauled off (and wiht my health I couldn't help haul off).

Good luck!

Susie

DammitJanet

Dont know what kind of experience you have had with ebay but you cant judge the whole place by just a few people. I have never had a problem with anything on there and I have bought several items off there. I even bought a gps system. You just have to know what you are bidding on and watch the shipping costs.

Also check out a sellers feedback before you bid.