Fun morning in the tweedle household.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
NOT! Nope, no meltdowns. kt has just refused to attend school today - more a refusal to get out of bed. She's still in bed & sleeping like an angel. :rolleyes: (No fever, nausea, profuse bleeding, bones poking through anywhere :nonono:)

Called school to report her absence (not going to go over very big) & let them know that kt will be working here at home. Laundry, vacuuming & out cleaning the yard. I asked school to email me work for kt to work on.

I know that my take on things isn't going to go over big with them. I just will not have a huge meltdown at 5:30 in the morning - not enough Irish whiskey to go in my coffee so early. :wink:

Should prove to be an interesting day - if kt doesn't go to school she doesn't get to go to the park after school (her favorite after school activity).

Wish me luck!

F

flutterbee

Good luck. Let us know how kt enjoys her "day off" full of fun-filled activities. :wink:

Whaddya know. Pixie stayed home from school today too.
She was with the Friggen Toad over the weekend. Since I dropped her off at his place on Friday, I told him that he needed to bring her home yesterday. So, to spite me, he brings her home at almost 9PM. And she had fallen asleep in the car. Which meant that the was not tired.
Even after the melatonin, she was not asleep at 11 last night. I decided then that I was not going to send her to school today. I let her sleep with me (oh my aching BACK...that kid is a bed hog) and she is still sleeping.
She doesn't even know that she isn't going to school. I got a few chores & workbooks lined up for her when she wakes up.

Best of luck to you, Linda!

canadianmom1

I have Roadrash (difficult child's new nickname that he loves) home with me today as well. We had a busy weekend with easy child this weekend and he was with a sitter all day yesterday and today he is complaining of a headache. I am not surprised that he is acting like this today. There was a lot of attention on his sister this weekend so I think he just needs some mommy time.

I'm also not in the mood for a meltdown. He is laying on the couch with a dog curled up with him. This doesn't happen often lol

JJJ

It must be a trend. Tigger is home too. We've done reading and he is writing his spelling words right now. I'm really, really considering homeschooling him again. I'm so tired of the daily battles to get him to school.

Linda,

If kt finishes all your housework early, I'de be so grateful if you could send her my way!!! My difficult children need a stick of dynamite under their behinds to get them to help me.

I hope kt is doing well and all is peaceful. I don't blame you for not wanting a 5:30 a.m. meltdown!!! I've had my share of them, and trust me, there is not enough Irish whiskey in a bottomless bottle that could do the trick!!!

Anyway, I've got to go pick up difficult child 1 now. I'll be thinking of you and looking for an update later. WFEN

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We are home still with the "Chicken Cox"!!! Too bad we didn't all live near each other!!!

Irish coffees... we could lock them all up in a room together for the day!!!

difficult child 2 is punching the wall right now. difficult child 1 is screaming with anxiety... over who knows what!!!

Yes, it would be nice... pastries, coffee, we could lounge out on my deck... watch the osprey fish. Ignore the kids for 2 seconds!

Everyone is invited!!! The kids can even destroy the house, heck I don't care!!!

I hope everyone makes it through the day!!!
Sending strength!!!

JJJ

Well, today went well. Tigger did all his schoolwork. It was actually quite a bit because I am all set to homeschool all the kids this summer and I just had him start on that work (generally 2-3 hours worth but we took lots of breaks). He is playing nicely with his brother who just got home from school. I even got some laundry and dishes done :smile:

Hope everyone elses day went as well.

donna723

Linda - Why on earth does she have to get up that early? Does her school have early hours, or is it a long bus ride? I doubt if I could have gotten up that early when I was her age either!

:smile:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Let's just say it's been a trying but somehow peaceful day. Donna, kt's day treatment program starts at 7 and ends at 1:30. Her bus is here by 6:15.

The Irish coffee party sounds good - tomorrow morning my house. I'll have everything here.

Thanks ladies.

Linda,

I'll be over bright and early!!! I won't forget the "bottomless bottle!!!" Totoro, how about having one at your house the following day??? Should we have Bloody Mary's or Screwdrivers??? If you want, we can extend our festivities (Is this a real word?) a third day and everyone can come my way... :smile: :coffee: WFEN

TerryJ2

Linda, so she didn't have a meltdown when you told her she couldn't go to the park?
Way To Go... you did the right thing. Congrats.