Fun night-not!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Tonight we had a program at our church to go to. We took both kids (a requirement of their religious ed program). Usually the programs are very interesting. Tonight's was not, it was quite boring to listen to and that doesn't spell good things for difficult child. difficult child and husband sat in back of easy child and me (to lesson the chance of fighting). He had a difficult time and easy child didn't help by constantly turning around and staring at him.

We left early-to try and keep difficult child calm. He was touching every car in the parking lot, easy child was going nuts. I decided to put her in the front of the van and I would sit by difficult child. difficult child was furious and sat in the way back (fine by me). Of course, he was rude but I was just letting it run off my shoulders, easy child started yelling at him.

Then I had to run quickly into the grocery store. I asked easy child to come in with me while husband stayed in the car. She refused. husband said if she started in on difficult child no ice cream on the way home (ice cream was planned before we went). She handled it, we went through the McDonald's drive thru. easy child right away started in on the way difficult child was holding his ice cream cone-unbelievalbe, he, of course, was being rude back.

She got out of the van, slammed the door and is locked in her room. difficult child continued to be a pain for awhile but I think has fallen asleep. Poor husband was so upset because he tried to do something nice with the ice cream.

Just another fun night in the Wiped-Out household!

tiredmommy

Wow... I may be out of line here but it seems to me that easy child was truly the problem tonight. So sorry the wiped out household had such a difficult night. {{{Hugs}}}

flutterby

Fly away!
Siblings. Sigh...

Must be something in the air. Mine get along much better now than they ever have, but they were screaming at each other tonight. I stopped playing referee a long time ago, but then I don't have one that becomes violent...anymore.

It's draining.

(((hugs)))

Andy

Ugh! My Diva also makes things much much worse than they are. She thinks she gets to set the rules and difficult child should do whatever she decides. If something is bothering her, she will not tolerate it. She has to learn that he is not her problem to solve. He is her brother to tolerate and help.

The other day, difficult child was singing in the van - she told him to stop. I told her that he can sing if he wants (he does have a very good voice so it is only annoying to her as his sister), to leave him alone.

I am sure your easy child just escalated the problem every step of the way, just like mine does.

I am sorry husband was hurt in this one. Maybe you can have a chance to talk to both kids and tell them they need to apologize for their behavior when dad was doing something nice for them and thank him for the ice cream stop. It was so rude of easy child to hold it together until she got the ice cream. She should know better - but then again, my 18 yr old would behave the same way so I don't have an answer, just to let you know I am in that same boat.

Sorry!

M

ML

I swear at that point the only thing that works with quarreling kids is separation. Kind of hard to do in a moving vehicle. Manster and his friend R fight like that. I stopped encouraging them to play together. Perhaps having no friends is better than having one brings you to the mat all the time.

house of cards

I have a van and a car. I've taken both to places just so I can separate bad combos of kids. But doggone, you just have 2, how lucky are you to get 2 that play off each other (not).

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I swear at that point the only thing that works with quarreling kids is separation. Kind of hard to do in a moving vehicle.

Isn't that the truth?

One day, somebody is going to make a ton of money by finally designing a car with individual back seat compartments. Useful for storage, transporting fragile items and separating unruly passengers. (I was gonna say "unruly children", but some days, I feel like I need to separate husband, too!).

--DaisyF

DammitJanet

This is precisely why Cory ended up in the trunk!

I got so tired of: He is looking at me. He is touching me. He is breathing my air!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone-I knew you would understand! I love the idea of separate compartments for unruly passengers-lol. My brother, sister, and I used to go at it in the car but never like this!

Andy

I have stopped the vehicle two to five blocks from home and made the kids walk home. They were too young to walk alone (4 -6 yrs old) so I would leave the van and lecture them on the way home. They were so upset about leaving the van to which I reply "I don't want the van. You don't know how to use it so I don't want it."