Fun Thread: Favorite Christmas Craft or Project?

KTMom91

My mom got her baking motivation on this weekend - so far, there are brownies, persimmon cookies, and oatmeal raisin cookies. She also wants to make caramels (Yay! I love them!) and English toffee.

I want gingerbread, but no one will make it for me. My oven is still broken, or I would have made it and eaten it already.

ksm

Last year I filled small rollerball bottles with a carrier oil and drops of essential oils for perfume, and also dome concoctions for headaches and calming. My step dtr enjoyed hers and I think her two adult daughters did too. This year I plan to make room/linen spray.

Other years I have given gifts of food in a jar...soups, cookie mix, beer bread mix...etc...

KSM

susiestar

Roll With It
Or, if you want lavendar and there is a Trader Joes, they sell a lavendar dryer bad thingy, you get four of them for about $4. They are reusable and are just lavendar flowers in a reusable dryer bag thingy. You could just cut one open, dump in the dried lavendar from the dryer bag and go from there. The ones you have left you could use in your dryer. They say they are good for ten loads each, but we have been using the same one for at least fifteen loads and it still is going strong for us. It would add the pretty purple flowers to your milk bath.

Do you grind up the oatmeal for your milk bath or use it whole? I used to grind it up to make DIY Aveeno bath for my kids when they were little. It was easier to clean out than using whole oats, lol.

Lil

Or, if you want lavendar and there is a Trader Joes, they sell a lavendar dryer bad thingy, you get four of them for about $4
Pity there's no Trader Joe's anywhere near here. That would be a bargain!

Do you grind up the oatmeal for your milk bath or use it whole?
I'll be grinding it up in my food processor into more of a flour so it will dissolve better and go down the drain without a problem.

susiestar

Roll With It
We just did a baking day with my mom and niece. It was a LOT of fun! Six types of cookies, or maybe seven. I lost count. I made one kind, then went to the store to get a few things. Then did some other things with my mom while J and niece made dough. Then they were cooking dough while we worked on another project. I had to come home and rest because they wore me out, but J and niece are still baking at my mothers.

I love all these ideas, especially the room spray. I just ordered some witch hazel and some spray bottles. I make my own bug spray using grapeseed oil and essential oils like lavender, or a pine and cedar oil that I use as a scented moisturizer. I am definitely making room spray now!

I made some pretzel rods dipped in chocolate with holiday sprinkles, also 3 marshmellows on a lollypop stick, dipped on chocolate, with sprinkles. I wrap everything with pretty wrappers and ribbons. I gave a variety of these to my friends at work. My one friends makes these amazing Christmas pins every year, today she gave me an ugly sweater pin. Tomorrow at work is "Holiday Pin Day", so I can wear it!

I may make some fudge, it seems easy enough, I'm kind of in the mood for a piece.

Lil

My office is enjoying my goodies today. Jabber made vanilla and chocolate coated peanut butter balls and various stuff dipped (oreos, Xmas shaped pretzels). I brought the left-over fudge and some fruitcake and a batch of orange/cranberry/almond cookies I made last night. I'm glad I did it, as one other person brought breakfast casseroles today, but otherwise our office is goodie-free, which is just SO odd. We used to have lots of goodies! Apparently, the ones that did the cooking have moved to greener pastures.

A bag of candy for the letter-carrier was left in our mailbox today. :)

My K's have their scarves completed, and one hat. I'm started on hat #2. 6 days to do it...should be easy enough.
:coldday: