Funny movie I rented!

witzend

I had to post this after seeing Janet's about confusing movies. husband and I laughed uproariously at "Hot FUZZ". OMG! I really enjoy British TV and mysteries - but it's not like that at all. It just gets you used to the accents. I love a good "cop - buddie" movie. This one made me cry I laughed so hard!

Anyone else?

witzend

Nomad, I know that this doesn't apply to you, but for those with younger children, it's not for the kiddies!

nvts

I can't wait to see it! I've been waiting for it to come out and of course the ac on the van blew so all spare cash is going in that direction!

Those two were fantastic in Shawn of the Dead (another one that we had to keep hitting pause because we were laughing so hard!) and I can't wait to see them together again!

Beth

witzend

We've talked about renting "Sean of the Dead", but I'm a little concerned about the gory parts. We don't ever watch slasher movies. Is that something that you would usually watch? I always have to look away when that stuff comes on.

Stella Johnson

My favorite funny movie is Love Stinks. It's not British but it is hilarious. I rolled the whole time. Blockbuster should have it.

Steph

nvts

Hi! I'm not going to lie to you...there are some "gory" parts, but not to the caliber of slasher gross, vile and disgusting movies. If you do turn your head, you won't miss the funny stuff. It's truly a take off on the old Dawn of the Dead movies in which Shawn and his best friend Ed have to save their family/friends/etc. from becoming zombies. Everything is tongue in cheek (no pun intended!) but if you are truly turned off to bloody stuff, it may not "float your boat".

In truth: I'm not a gore fan. My husband sat there and watched "Saw", Saw II, and pretty much every gross film known to man - I kept him company by reading the paper, my books or as I call it "looking at the inside of my eyelids" while snoring on my side of the couch! :smile:

I like more of the mystery/thriller/comedy level of things and truly believe the violence in most movies have become the new "gratuitous sex" of the 1980's films!

I hope this helps!
Beth

AllStressedOut

Alright, we just rented it and the previews are playing now. I have a feeling husband is going to wet his pants. I'll cross my fingers that it makes me laugh hard enough to knock my back back into place.

witzend

ASO, Tell me what he thinks. husband was laughing so hard we had to keep backing it up to hear what they were saying!

AllStressedOut

husband thought it was pretty funny. I laughed a few times, but sitting that long was killing my back, so I missed the ending. He loves those kind of movies, so if you see another movie with the same type of humor, let me know!