Fyi

DDD

easy child/difficult child filled in the paperwork for a voluntary alcohol/drug rehab center. There is a two/three month waiting period for a bed. I can't say that I am convinced he will actually do it but it was his idea which makes me slightly hopeful.

As I told husband I think that leaving home will be an issue. Since the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) he is more attached to us and behaves well except on booze nights. on the other hand since the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) his room is a pig sty, he still sleeps much more than others and still doesn't really "accept" the diminishment in his capabilities.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that MAYBE we will see a big step forward soon. Fingers crossed. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm knocking on wood, D3! What is his plan for the interim? AA meetings? Therapy? Anything to get him going?

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Wow, alot can happen in 2-3 months....... hoping it happens quicker and without a chance for him to rethink his choice........ or go on a final "binge"........ sending hopeful thoughts.........

ScentofCedar

Sending strength DDD, and wishing well.

It is a really good sign that he is acknowledging that his using is creating problems for him.

Small steps are still steps, right?

Barbara

Steely

Thinking of you, and hoping that he will chose the right pathways to health and happiness. I know how hard it is to hope, and then be let down - but we can never give up hope.

Ephchap

D3, crossing body parts and being cautiously optimistic along side you. The fact that it was his idea is a huge step.

Sending hugs,
Deb