G'day Saturday Morning

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Either you're all late, or I'm early. Probably me - I was up at 5.30 this morning and right now I'm zonked.

easy child & I left just after 6 am to drive to Canberra and back. She had a 10 am appointment at the real estate agent, then we went around to the flat to measure it up to see what furniture they are going to have to get rid of. I think they're crazy - tey've spent the last four years living in two-story townhouses and now they're moving to a one-bedroom flat. It's a 6 month lease because they plan to use the time to look for a house to buy. I think they'll be buying sooner rather than later. The place is awful! I've lived in some dumps in my time, this one is right up there with the worst of them.

We stopped off at the farmer's market on the way through and spent a very productive half hour buying fruit & vegetables. We ate mandarins and baklava even while we measured up the flat (THAT didn't take long!).

I really think the kids have made a mistake with this one, but they will manage. They are very capable.

After that we dropped in to visit with an old workmate and friend of easy child's, someone she will be working for when she moves back there. I remembered seeing them at the wedding. It will be good for easy child & sister in law to have such good friends living one suburb away.

Then we hit the road again and headed home. Three and a half hours drive each way. I took the wheel for most of the return journey but now I'm tired.

husband cooked dinner for us when we got home - he had bought osme seafood which we all got stuck into. Then after having been here for just an hour, easy child got back on te road again.

SIL1 would have come with her but he was spiking a very high fever, he simply wasn't well enough to travel. They both have to go back to Canberra next weekend (hopefully he will be well enough) and probably won't detour via our place, that will save them at least an hour each way. And next week easy child will probably do her best to make sure he sees the farmer's market! It's also much closer to their new flat; their previous townhouse in Canberra was half an hour further away.

So I'm heading for bed early tonight (if life lets me).

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

I'm up and have no right to be. :hammer: I went to husband's 25th HS reunion last night and didn't get home until 12:30am, didn't fall asleep until 1:30am and husband woke me up when he came in at 2:30am. So I wake up with a combined IBS and pain attack at 6am, of course! It's going to be a very long day!

I have to pick up Duckie between 9 and 10am from her sleepover, then we're supposed to meet up with husband's classmates for a family BBQ at a nearby park at noon.

I don't know if I'll make it. :winks:

Anyway, have a great day! :salute:

tiredmommy

Good evening Marg! We must have been typing at the same time so I merged the threads. I hope SIL1 is feeling better... you certainly don't need anymore illness in your family!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-Sounds like an exhausting day. I think you've the right attitude about the new place, they'll manage and then learn from their mistake. The seafood dinner is making me hungry!

Last night I slept very little. I slept 2 hours before it started hailing like I've never heard or seen it hail in my life. Hopefully we won't have too much damage. It hailed, I'll bet, for over 10 minutes and was very windy. They were marble size but the amount was staggering. Some of the hailstones are still out there this morning. Of course, then it took me more than hour to get back to sleep so I only slept about 1 1/2 more hours.

Work this morning and I don't think weigh in will be good. I ate o.k. this week but I feel like my stomach is bloated for some reason.

While I'm at work husband will pick up easy child and bring her home! This afternoon we'll go back to watch her performance and we're going to take her to dinner tonight since difficult child is at respite.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all~

Marg, your days always sounds so full - I hope you are well rested for your tomorrow and that sister in law is okay.

TM - I hope you find a few minutes for a catnap. Even 20 minutes can make it bearable for me.

WO: You could use a nap also, huh? Enjoy your evening and dinner. We had horrible hail last week during a ferocious storm!

This morning I am running out with easy child to help her shop for a class she is teaching. Then it's back home to weed, weed, weed. Ugh, with all the rain we've had, the weeds are doing better than anything else I have planted out there! This afternoon, we have to divide our time between two parties. I don't know how we will do it, but I'm going to try. Our yard is all cleaned up finally from the rains we've had. I had to cut back so many plantings and flowers are lost. The pool is open and clean and now it just needs to warm up so we can swim in it!

Great day everyone!

everywoman

Good Saturday morning. I"m up early on a Saturday because I've got JJ this week.

Marg---well, at least they will be close enough to learn how to live with each other. Hopefully they will find a house very soon. I've lived in dumps before. It helps build character.

TM--Hope you feel better and are able to enjoy the BBQ.

WO---hope the weigh in is better than expected. Enjoy easy child's performance. I so miss seeing Jana on stage.

Jo---it does seem the weeds grow so much faster than everything else. Have fun at the parties.

Today Pcson, daughter in law, and Miss Violet will arrive. daughter in law and I will head to the beach for some Island time, then back here. My aunt is having her 100th BD celebration this afternoon. Tonight I am having a birthday party for Pcson. He will be 27 tomorrow. I am cooking a Frogmore stew---Potatoes, shrimp, smoked sausage, corn, crab legs, all steamed together in a large pot. We are expecting about 25 for supper. Better get busy getting the rest of my stuff together for the party!!!