Geez. Out of six kids...care to guess who sent me an Edible Arrangement?

DDD

The successful ones called, sang happy birthday and/or mailed me a card. Just now a beautiful delivery arrived from the local Edible Arrangements. Guess who?? Unemployed GFGmom, of course.

It's a lovely gesture. I'll appropraitely thank her. on the other hand, who to heck spends money like that when they are unemployed, just had their cable disconnected etc. etc. Lordy she is interesting! DDD

keista

:bdayparty:

Unfortunately, THAT logic I can understand. She's figuring every one else will be sending you some sort of fancy gift, and she doesn't want to appear that she doesn't care, so she goes for broke figuring she can live without cable one more month.

Steely

Awwww..........that is really touching actually. She must love you an amazing amount - and wants to make up for some lost time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You deserve only the best!!!

DDD

I'm a little embarrassed. I wasn't really seeking Happy Birthday messages...really. I just thought it was a difficult child thing to share. on the other hand, thank you all for your good wishes. DDD

buddy

haha! yes you did, very subtle (kidding of course!) I thought when I sent that reply maybe I shouldn't add the happy birthday sign because you would feel embarrased, oh no she is gonna think... the very thing you said!....

Heck, I really think you should have started a thread...ITS MY BIRTHDAY! If anyone deserves a special attention on a special day, you do! All of our difficult child's are lucky we were born, tee hee. Even if they dont agree.

DDD

Actually Buddy it has been a nice day and I do appreciate the best wishes. I even received an unexpected letter from my bff who is also raising a difficult child grand. I'm stuffed to the gills because my difficult child#1 used a coupon to bring me home casesar salad, almond encrusted salmon plus fresh beams cooked to perfection and topped off with good old Southern key lime pie. Couldn't have been nicer and the Board greetings are icing on the cake...umm. pie. 71 is good today. LOL DDD

DammitJanet

Happy birthday DDD.

DDD, please take as a nice gift. I got those for my dad the last several years. I know you are thinking about her financial situation, and he probably thought about mine too on occasion, but she probably wanted to give you something nice just like I wanted to give him something he would enjoy. Dont think of it as difficult child.

DDD

LOL, Janet. Don't you know by now that what I share with the family is not what I say in "real" life. I have thanked her for the lovely surpise gift and offered to share it with her when she comes by tomorrow. She will soon be 48 and I've only gone off on her four times...at most. The fruit looks awesome and if I hadn't pigged out on the dinner difficult child got me for my birthday I'd be slurping fresh fruit right now. on the other hand, I appreciate you reminder because you are right on target. DDD

DammitJanet

Oh I know you wouldnt say that to her but I just wanted you to know that was what I got my dad too. Im hoping she put as much thought into getting it for you as I did to getting it for him. It really is good fruit!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Happy birthday DDD! :)

And it was a really sweet thing for her to do even if the budget is tight.

husband and I splurged on mother in law for many a birthday or mother's day even with our tight budget, it made us happy to show her how much we loved her.