geneology

trinityroyal

It's confusing, but this is how it works...
(Family lines are colour coded...shades of Red for one side, shades of Blue for the other...yes it's THAT confusing)

Barbieand Betty are sisters. Barbie has a child named Carol. Betty has a child named Cathy.

Carol and Cathy are first cousins.

Carol has a child named Denise. Cathy has a child named Darlene.

Carol and her cousin's child Darlene are first cousins once removed.
]Cathy and her cousin's child Denise are also first cousins once removed.
Darlene and Denise are second cousins.

Darlene's child would be Denise's second cousin once removed, and like that...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thank you for clarifying that!

I have an uncle whose child was born late in life.

His child is my first cousin, however, I could never quite figure out if his child was my children's SECOND cousin or not.

Now I see that they are first cousins, once removed!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think that's my problem -

As an adopted child - you're just REMOVED completely -:surprise:

(splains A LOT)......:tongue:

I'd also like to be removed from this post....

Wait no......:tongue:

Lothlorien

Okay....I think I might have that down. Wow. I was watching a news clip where they were talking about Obama being Bush's cousin 9 times removed or something and Bush was related to the Royals in Britain and also Abe Lincoln. They kept saying all these numbers removed and it made me wonder what all that meant.

Lothlorien

Star, my dad was adopted, so that just throws me out of this too, on my dad's side. I would love to be removed from mother's side, just because all of their minds seemed to be removed.

F

flutterbee

I'd like to remove both my mom's and dad's sides cause they're minds are all removed, too. Except for my mom.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If it were at all possible I'd like to anhaillate my x from existance. I've asked God to remove him from this earth and yet? Still he inhales air.

trinityroyal

Well...no one is quite sure who difficult child-father's father is (it was narrowed down to about 6 candidates, but they couldn't get any closer than that), so I guess that removes him.
difficult child-mother (last I heard anyway), has been pretty-much in a permanent state of psychosis for the last few years so I think that removes her too.

Other than those 2, I kind of want to keep the rest of the removeds...they're a lovely bunch of coconuts.

donna723

Totoro, if you figure out how to do that, please let me know. One more cheeseburger and I'll need a hoist to get out of the chair!

I think I've got that 'cousin' thing straight but I'm not sure. I've always wondered about that too. I've got a ton of cousins (literally!) and I've been trying to figure out what their kids were to me and what my kids were to their kids! It gets so complicated! Now I'll have to figure out what my childrens children are to their childrens children!

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU GOT TO
WORK IT WORK IT
YOU GOT TO
WORK IT WORK IT
YOU GOT TO
MOVE IT
MOVE IT
YOU GOT TO
MOVE IT
MOVE IT