General update

buddy

OH no! I am so sorry. That just really really blows. Can you ask the landlord if he really gave you a bad recommendation? Ours is the same way, we can buy out the lease and they always can rent these out so they come out really far ahead. I hope you get it figured out. Hope you find a place that will work.

Sending as much positive energy as I can muster up (will dust the neg stuff off me first)!

And what do I know--have no clue how connected this family counselor is to the PO, but for this time, would it make sense to just do the dumb meeting to show "cooperation", and then clue the family counselor in on the timing issues.... I mean do you think the counselor then could put in a good word for you to have them do better in the future? Maybe that would let more staff see what a jerk PO is being. I know you walk that fine line between being walked on so you can look cooperative (and not risking punishment for difficult child) and the other side of the line being advocating for better treatment. I can't imagine it. What ever you decide I am here to support you.

klmno

I've sent an email to the landlord. I also called the realtor and left a VM asking about the "bad reference" because I ALWAYS have paid my rent on time. She won't return my call, I don't think, and just isn't one to ever discuss much so I can't explain the BK or anything- really, it's been difficult to even get her to act interested in renting that place out.

As far as the day pass- yes, I plan to do whatever the "requirements" are. But when I meet with the counselor tomorrow, I will be bringing this up. When I asked for the day pass, I asked to take difficult child shopping to get sized for shoes and clothes and to let him pick out a bed. If I was moving that weekend, I was going to have difficult child help me. He's been in detention for over a month and only gets 4 hours. It takes me 45 mins to get there. It will take approx 15 mins to check him out and double that for getting him back on time. The counselor could do family sessions sitting at the detention center then when difficult child gets an 8 hour pass, assuming this PO ever lets that happen, take 1-2 hours doing a family session at home. This is just another effort on PO's part to keep difficult child from being solely in my care for as long as he can possibly drag it out. When the other kid got his day pass, last week, he got to go home and do whatever he wanted, that was legal of course.

difficult child specifically asked counselor to make family sessions at times that didn't interfere with visitation hours or future day passes. Counselor was fine with that. Counselor went to detention center yesterday and asked staff and teachers how difficult child was doing- they told difficult child and told him that they gave him a great report. Counselor probably relayed this to PO and PO saw opportunity to tic me and difficult child off again and ran with it. I seriously doubt the counselor requested a family session during difficult child's first day pass. Either way, this kind of koi is not going to help me keep a good attitutde about this counseling stuff. difficult child and I both are going to resent spending 4 hours of what is supposed to be a reward this way.