George Carlin

mstang67chic

Going Green
....passed away Sunday evening. I've always loved him and had the chance to see his act once. Laughed so hard I almost wet myself!

Boy, we've lost some good ones from the entertainment world recently.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just saw this on my local news... how awful. I loved him. Yes, he was one of the greats. I never had the chance to see him. Too bad.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I wonder who he's entertaining now? You suppose you can really say things like he did in heaven?

He will be missed here as well.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
As someone on another board I read said, there are no words to describe how I feel about his passing, except maybe those Seven... hehehe.

RIP, George.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh...haven't watched the news yet. I still know (which I can't put here) the 7 words you can't say on TV. Actually, I think we're down to only one now.

I remember my brother getting the whipping of his life when my father heard his record...yes... record, playing in his room.

Abbey

Lothlorien

My dad had that record and I found it while he was at work. I laughed so hard. That skit and Richard Pryor's Coke (have a coke and a smile........) skit are probably two of the most famous and funniest comedic skits ever!

donna723

I loved George Carlin too! I think he was a true genius, a philosopher for our times. He not only made you laugh, he made you think, and even when he was at his most outrageous, you almost always had to agree that, when you think about it, he was RIGHT!

A few years ago my son and I saw him at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville and he was absolutely WONDERFUL! My son bought a t-shirt - from a distance it was a navy blue shirt with a picture of George Carlin's face printed in white with white bands at the top and bottom of the shirt. If you looked closer, the picture and white bands were made up of tiny little white lines. Look even closer and you could see that the white lines were actually made up of tiny little printed words! And if you looked close enough to read what it said, it was pretty much every dirty word and phrase in the English language (including the 7 you couldn't say on TV), organized in to categories and sub-categories! Dustin wore the shirt a few times but total strangers were stopping him in the street to read his shirt!

dreamer

I think some people might not realize, he also was known to the children who watched the TV show Thomas The Tank Engine, he played to conductor. (I am a huge Thomas Train fan, especially with wooden tracks)
I was very sad to hear of his passing, but not real surprised. :-(

Sara PA

Still can't say those seven words. Maybe on cable but not across the airways. Well, come to think of it, you can say the one of the words because Brits use it to mean "drunk". In fact, I just heard it Friday on NPR.

He was my favorite.

He was my all time favorite too.

Matt & I had all his shows on cassette tape and would listen to them while driving the truck.

Know what's creepy? After first Harvey Korman and then Tim Russert died, I thought to myself, well, it is said that people die in threes. I thought about it and said to myself, wouldn't it be awful if George Carlin died? He's not looking so good.

2 days later, he died.

I thought, well if I knew I had that type of power, there are a lot of really jerky famous people that I could have thought of instead...