Gift ideas?

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child has had the same case manager for the past three years (all of middle school). She has worked really well with him and us and we are really going to miss her now that difficult child is heading to high school.

Any ideas of a nice gift to give her (she's put up with a lot from difficult child and dealt with it with grace and was always very caring)?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow... I'm going to think about that one.

She sounds great... Too bad he can't take her to high school.

tiredmommy

How about a gift card to a book store or Amazon/ I think most CM's, counsellors & teachers like to stay current.

M

ML

I agree with TM, a gift card to Amazon/book store would a very nice gift.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It is possible that the woman just doesn't like to read......lol....but then a pre paid Visa is always good. Cash is great. I don't think it's impersonal either. But with times being what they are? That Visa could go wherever she wanted it.

AND a nice hand written letter thanking her from difficult child.

Malika

Cultural differences? People would not give cash here as a gift - unless it's to a child for a birthday! Flowers to go along with whatever you decide to give? Or a plant?

LittleDudesMom

Gift certificate at your local theatre - enough to cover a couple tickets and some snacks.

If she's a coffee drinker - a Starbucks gift card and a nice travel mug.

A little summer bag - novel, sunscreen, water bottle, beach towel...

A gift card for a manicure and pedicure

Sharon

Andy

Along with the handwritten note thanking her from difficult child, add your own handwritten note thanking her from you! Point out what has made you thankful as a mom that she was on your side.

A plant would also be nice if she is a plant person.