God grant me the serenity, I need it now more than ever - Update

Nancy

I intercepted some emails between difficult child and some guy who is in the navy. She is doing drugs and drinking and she did them with him when he was on leave. Some guy he knows is living with her in the apartment we just helped get set up and when he comes home in 8 months he's moving in too.

She was up til 3:30 this morning drinking and drugging with this guy and emailing the other guy about it.

I don't think I will ever recover from this. I need the serenity prayer now more than ever. I cannot watch this happen again.

Nancy

Last edited:
I am so sorry Nancy. I wish that I had some magic words for you, but sadly I don't. You and your daughter are in my thoughts today. Many HUGS for you. Keep saying the serenity prayer - it will help.

StressedM0mma

Oh Nancy. I am so very sorry you are going through this again. You are in my prayers, as is you daughter. Is there any possibility that this was just all talk? Or do you believe she is really using again?

A

AmericanGirl

Oh Nancy....that is so very sad. I'm saying the serenity prayer for you many many times today. Praying it isn't true.

Zardo

Nancy - So sorry - you have sent me some very supportive thoughts and I do the same for you now. Now is the time to take care of yourself......keep positing you thoughts, worries and news....attend a meeting.....read or re-read some supportive books - anything you can to to try not to dwell on the fear of her current situation.....remember - you didn't cause it, you can't control it and you cannot cure it......

DDD

Sending very caring thoughts your way. I imagine it is more painful for you this time because you allowed yourself to be optimistic with perhaps not quite as much "cautiously" included to protect yourself. Time to refocus on you and step up your detachment another notch. Personally I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing she "got ya" with her latest manipulations. I'd just back off and regroup my thinking and expectations. Honestly I'm truly sorry that her steps forward were actually sidling manuvers. Hugs. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
when he comes home in 8 months he's moving in too.

Well, the good news is that with difficult child's track record, she won't be interested in him by then.

I'd just back off and regroup my thinking and expectations.

I agree with DDD. At this point, there is nothing you can do but hope she comes to her senses. In the meantime, I completely understand the feeling of being betrayed by your difficult child. I think that is the thing that gets me the most. It's why my husband and easy child refuse to ever believe my difficult child. It feels like a knife in the gut when you realize that you have been played yet again.

It would be easier if you could truly detach and stop reading her emails and texts (this is meant in the most kindest and caring way . . . not a criticism at all!).

{{{Hugs}}}

~Kathy

Nancy

I didn't go looking for the emails. In fact I haven't checked emails or cell phone records in weeks. I was closing my eyes and hoping. And now I know that my suspicions were right.

Nancy

buddy

Sorry Nancy, I can't imagine. I know there are many here who understand and can offer advice. I only have care and support to offer and please know it is ongoing. My thoughts and prayers are for your ability to work through this and to do exactly as you wish, to accept the things you can not change....and wisdom...yes lots of that to know the difference between what you can change and what you can't.

HUGS

rejectedmom

It feels like a knife in the gut when you realize that you have been played yet again.

Indeed it does.. Nancy I am so very sorry that this is happening again. Sending you my most sincere wishes for strength to do what you need to do to have peace in spite of your daughter's poor choices. (((HUGS))) -RM

S

Signorina

Oh sweet Nancy - I have no words - just lots and lots of gentle hugs and heartfelt love.