God told me so, mom......

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Hmmm, not sure whether to be concerned over this or not.

kt shared with me that when she is praying at night, God told her that he is angry that meteorologists try to predict weather. God is in charge of the weather.

She's been repeating this all day.

So.....whimsical thinking, fantasy land or a cause for concern (break from reality)?

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, I kinda' feel the same way, God is in charge of the weather. Don't think he is necessarily mad at mtrlgts. though....guess I wouldn't be too worried until she starts writing to the weather people.....

F

flutterbee

I guess it depends on how she says it. Does she use a teasing tone or is she dead serious?

I'd be a bit concerned. Would definitely keep an eye on it and inform your therapeutic team.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Heather,

kt is dead serious, somewhat agitated & very consistent about this. There have been moments of dissociation & moments of extreme clarity. We have a therapist appointment this coming Tuesday - I may call him on Monday & give him a head's up.

husband & I are not refuting this statement & not feeding into it either. kt has been extremely anxious over the last week about everything & nothing.

I guess it's a wait & see situation.

Linda,

I would be concerned too. I'm glad kt has a therapist appointment. on Tues. I think it is a good idea to call the therapist on Monday to let him know what's going on.

I know that before difficult child 1 gets really bad, he chants prayers constantly, lines up bits and pieces of small objects such as string, legos, etc., and casts "spells." When difficult child 1 is stable, he never discusses Witchcraft, which he says is his religion. We totally ignore his bizarre behavior when he is this unstable.

I'm keeping all body parts crossed that kt is alright and you're able to enjoy a peaceful Sunday!!!

Sending cyber hugs, WFEN

Alisonlg

Huh. I guess I'd be slightly concerned. The mere fact that she's hearing God seems to go beyond whimsical thinking. I've got everything crossed over here that you'll have a peaceful rest of your weekend without any major episodes.

Keep us posted!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'd be concerned. Glad you have an appointment on Tuesday and that you'll have the chance to call therapist on Monday ahead of time. Hugs.

F

flutterbee

This may be way out there, but....

Have you ever noticed how some things will resonate with us, but we don't understand why? And if we dig deep enough, we'll see the correlation. I'm wondering if this with kt might be metaphoric. As in, God controls the weather and since the meteorologists are trying to predict the weather, they are somehow trying to control the weather. kt is in charge of kt and others, through the necessary interventions, are trying to "control" her.

I'm not saying that others are controlling her, but I can see how it could feel that way to the person on the receiving end of the interventions. I know my difficult child feels like I'm trying to control her with the therapeutic interventions and it makes her very angry.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Heather, this seems a bit too "organized" for kt's thought processes but could be an unconscious response to her lack of control throughout her life.

It's been a day of ups & downs around here.

F

flutterbee

That's what I meant, Linda - an unconscious thing. Just like when something resonates with us, but we don't know why until we do some digging - because it's not a conscious thing.

Linda,

I haven't been around much lately with end of the year school activities, doctors' appointments, etc... However, I've been a bit concerned - In some of the posts I've read, you seem frazzled!!! I'm glad you manage to get in some "me" time with all you have going on!!!

I'm hoping and praying with you that kt isn't on a downward spiral!!! WFEN