Going NUTS!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
My kids got a furby. They begged me to take out the batteries for about 2 months - 2 months AFTER I took them out. Stupid thing didn't know it couldn't talk with-o batteries so it chattered all the time. I can't count how many times we took the cover off the battery area thinking they had put batteries back in, only to find that it didn't have any. I finally gave Wiz a hammer and told him to go take his anger out on the Furby instead of trying to hit me or Jess or husband.

I had quite a few toys that did what they wanted to when I was a kid. I was in about 2nd grade when I realized that the other kids didn't have toys that talked with-o batteries - enough of mine did it that I thought it was normal. I still have problems with electronics. Cannot wear a watch because they stop in 24 hrs or less, if I carry a cell phone in a pocket or on a cord around my neck or on a belt loop they die in 4-5 hours and cannot be fixed. Once had a friend give me a really expensive, guaranteed to work through anything watch, supposedly unkillable according to the manufacturer because she thought my $20-$50 watches were just too cheap to be reliable. It didn't even make it a full work day and then the jeweler and manufacturer couldn't fix it. I felt bad about it, but I told her it wouldn't last.

Y'all are the only people other than my dad and one aunt who have these problems that I have heard of. even my dad and aunt are not as bad as I am. I am toxic to copy machines (and I worked in Kinko's in college, lol!). Each time I worked on the machines for a little while they started to do strange things. In high school the copier broke every time I walked into the room, NOT a joke. I was an aide for a teacher and he couldn't send me to make copies because this. Luckily I could set up his tests and experiments. I stayed on the cash register and did layouts when I worked at Kinko's - only got the job because my boss in high school set it up for me when I went away to college.

Nice to know I am not the only one with these challenges.

susiestar

Roll With It
by the way, the fire alarm that went off did NOT have batteries in it. Not a 9volt and not any type of built in backup battery. husband thought it did but when I looked at it there was no sign of a battery though there was a brand new on in a package in the box that it came in. It just went off for the heck of it.

H

HaoZi

I have the watch issues. I had one (ONE!) watch that worked for me for about a year. If I use a digital watch I'm okay, but a regular watch will die on me. Fast. It's looking like kiddo has the same issue. I have crashed computers by touching them. Not the keyboard, no buttons, just putting my hands on the tower/CPU. The newer computers don't seem to have as much issues with me, but before 2000 or so I could make any comp act funny by being near it. Maybe it's that I eat less salt now, since excess can change your bioelectric charge. Something about conductivity of fresh vs salt water I think.

I've also been able to gather major static charges. As in creating arcs. Scared the (insert choice) out of a friend of mine once by doing it while we were walking down the road. Popped her pretty good with it, a nice blue arc from my fingertips to her shoulder. She about jumped out of her skin. Also has tapered off as I eat less salt. Always wished I could do it on (my) command, lol.

DammitJanet

Ya know...I have a Furby somewhere in this house. I got it for the boys years ago. Wish it would start talking so I could find it...lol.