Going out of town without Melissa.......YEA!!

Sue C

We're leaving this morning to go to Upper Michigan for a motorcycle rally where husband will be a vendor. Then we're spending one day/one night on Mackinac Island. The best part.....we're leaving Melissa home!!! :grin:

She's throwing a fit over it. Last night she said, "How can you leave me home alone? You know I hate to be alone in the house. I hope someone breaks in and rapes me and kills me and that should show you." Then she went into her bedroom and slammed the door. husband looked at me and said, "Can't we get three people and have her committed?????"

She is so afraid of being alone. I know it will be difficult for her, but she is going to have to deal with it. Maybe a friend will let her stay there. Whatever. She's 21 and will have to figure it out.

p.s. Today is husband and my 32nd wedding anniversary!!! :grin:

p.p.s. No job for Melissa yet, but she has been putting in applications.

Sue

STILLjustamom

Congrats on the anniversary. Maybe you could play up the part about "having the whole house to herself" and see if she wants a friend over. I had the house to myself last night and it was HEAVEN!! :smile:
I'm sorry she is afraid but we all have to deal with this from time to time. You can always call and check in with her if it makes her feel better.

Sue C

Thanks, justamom. I was planning on calling to check in with her, but I don't know if we'll get cell phone coverage up there.

I, too, LOVE being home alone. But Melissa fears it terribly. If we are gone somewhere, she will drive around until she sees we are home. There have only been a handful of times that she actually was here alone (and NEVER overnight). When we returned, she had every light on in the house and was curled up under a blanket in the living room with the TV on.

Sue

KFld

Hopefully she will find someone to stay with her. I would make sure the cell doesn't get service :smile:

Have a wonderful time and Happy Anniversary

witzend

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 32 years! That's a lot of ups and downs!

Hopefully Melissa will find some movies and a pedicure set and entertain herself. M would have said nothing then thrown a party for his delinquent friends...

Hope you have a great trip!

Sue C

Melissa just gave me 2 BIG hugs and said I LOVE YOU!! Wowzers! She didn't hug husband but told him the same. She also wished us Happy Anniversary. husband and I have been so busy getting ready to leave that we forgot to tell each other Happy Anniversary!! LOL

p.s. She wanted Kurt to leave her out one of our pistols (we have them for a target league and they are in a double locked steel cabinet in the basement--keys on us at all times). YIKES! Can you imagine??? I told her if she got too scared to call Grandma and go stay with her. haha

Sue

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Wanted to wish you a Happy Anniversary! We are almost at 32 years too (in August). I bet Melissa can figure it out. I'm hoping she won't be inviting any wild friends over......

Have a great trip, you are going to one of my favorite places...get some fudge!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm hoping she won't be inviting any wild friends over </div></div>

Me, too.

Happy Anniversary, Sue.

I hope you have a great time, just the TWO of you.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Happy Anniversary Sue! :grin:

Nichole is also afraid to stay home alone. Although it has gotten better than it used to be.

I hope you and husband have a wonderful time!!! :smile: