Going to 45 year class reunion...

ksm

I didn't plan on going, but my closet high school friend (who I've only seen a handful of times for 45 years!) texted me she was coming, but leaving her hubby at home. So...I am going. It was a fairly large school for our state, and I transferred in from a small town 3 hours a way.

We have only had reunions about every 5 years, and I have missed most of them. The 10 year reunion was cliquish. So was 25 years. But, it seems like people have gotten kinder the last 20 years. We had a casual meet and greet at a bar last night. Tonight is a meal in a reserved room.

husband won't last night...but decided to skip tonight's meal. Wish me luck...this is out of my comfort zone.

What have your reunions been like? Ksm

KTMom91

My 10 year was boring. Run by the rah rahs, and it was so much like high school I swore I'd never go to another one. Then Hubby and I got married, and we went to high school together, so...I went to the 20 year and the 30 year (Hubby's sister was on the reunion committee, so I kind of had to LOL). Our 40 year is coming up.

ksm

It was actually nicer than I expected. People weren't as cliquish as in high school, or at the 10 to 20 year reunions. I reconnected with a close friend (at least when we were teens!). She adopted 3 children and at least two have problems. One is an alcoholic, even to the point that she had missing vanilla extract and hand sanitizer missing!

Just when you think no one else you know is dealing with addiction and mental health issues...you find out you are not alone. Ksm