Going to California~

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am so pee-my-pants-excited!! I've been invited by a dear friend to join her in California week after next for a week...for FREE. I just pay airfare and meet her there!! How cool is that??

This couldn't have come at a better time in my life. I have so been struggling with so many things and I really think this will provide me the opportunity for a little peace so I can think without interruption. When she asked me I was just sort of like, "Yeah right - like I could ever swing that" but then one by one, the pieces fell into place. I only have one appointment to change, my boss said it's fine as we're kind of slow, and H of course, couldn't say anything but he did say he didn't mind. I'm sending difficult child to stay with her dad that week (since she's not working anyway) so I don't get those hysterical phone calls about how she hates H (because he wants to know where she is), and easy child will have to find a babysitter for her puppy. As everything fell into place, I found myself crying at my desk. Wow, I will be counting down the days.

Just wanted to share my joy!

Thank you God~

everywoman

I'm so happy for you. I'm planning a trip to Difficult Child and NY April 9-12. I know how excited you must be because I can hardly wait to leave here for a little while!!!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh, how wonderful Jo. I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What part of CA? What will you do there?

Suz

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Just outside of San Francisco. I will do nothing, I will hike, I will journal, I will soak up some warmth, I will sleep, I will cry, I will have peace in my days, I will drink some really good wine, and since there will only be 4 girls in the house I'm sure there will be a lot of talking and laughing. I can't wait.

C.J.

I tried to get away just overnight last weekend, but N* was able to throw a monkey wrench into those plans - somehow got a staph infection above her eye.

I'm probably now stuck in the same house with her until she delivers. :(

I am very happy for you though, to have the chance to get away, talk to ADULTS, and live a little.

Hope to hear you had a marvelous time when you return.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
California, Here I Come
Right back where I started from
where bowers of flowers
bloom in the spring
each morning at dawning
birdies sing at everything
a sunkissed miss said, "Don't be late!"
that's why I can hardly wait
open up that golden gate
California, Here I Come!

Hope you have a FABULOUS time! :D I love the Bay area!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope you have a fantastic time and beautiful weather...... no rain, no earthquakes..... is that like saying break a leg?

rejectedmom

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh San Francisco. One of my favorite cities. There are couple of nice John Singer Sargent paintings in the fine art museum there. I also loved the pier and all the walk away food. A gormet delight. A drive down highway 1 toward Monterey and big Sur ant sunset is unbelieveably beautiful. Yeah that is how I tend to remember a city Art, sights and good food. SF has them all! LOL. Enjoy! -RM

Jena

Yay you!! This will be soooo good for you!! I"m so excited for you. California is beautiful also, i'm sure the weather is great. what perfect timing.

you must be soo excited!!!!

K

Kjs

WOW...I am so jealous. That was my plan. I was going to go visit my brother in Santa Barbara, Ca. But I just don't want to go alone. I want someone to enjoy the sunshine and beaches and mountains with.

I am so happy for you. Enjoy.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Say Hello to my birth town for me!!!
I love love love SFO!!!
I love the North Bay, Marin, the Wine Country all of it!

I am so happy for you! I hope you have a great relaxing time. Cheers!