going up to meet with Residential Treatment Center (RTC) psychiatrist/good thoughts and vibes needed

crazymama30

So since psychiatrist was sick on Tuesday, I will go up again today. difficult child's tics are worse, his weird leg movement was still there, and I think it is the seroquel. I want it stopped. I will hope that psychiatrist can come to that conclusion on her own, but I will insist if I have to. I have not been thrilled with this psychiatrist or facility, but as long as I see some positive gains? I will deal. I hope this goes well, and hope that psychiatrist does not cancel again. I plan on calling before I leave to make sure that she is not sick again.

All good vibes, thoughts and prayers welcome!

pepperidge

Sounds like a plan. Did he have any of these same symptoms on Abilify? I am wondering if he can just not tolerate the whole class of AP's....I would worry about Risperdal too.

That medication wash is sounding better and better....

good luck.

crazymama30

Yep Pepper, the medication wash is sounding better and better, and I am going to push hard for it. He did not have any adverse reactions to abilify, so I would not be against trying risperdal, however I want the tics and leg thing gone before we do anything further medication wise. I just hope the psychiatrist will agree, because really? I am not going to tolerate anything else.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
CM, keeping good thoughts that psychiatrist will listen to your concerns. I've yet to get a complete medication wash on either of the tweedles when they were in treatment. As treatment was a year at the most there just wasn't the time to do a complete wash safely.

Stand tough, warrior mum.