Good 1st day of school for difficult child

shellyd67

Both easy child and difficult child had a good first day of school today. difficult child is in 4th grade and for the first time he has a male teacher. He is thrilled. He told me that if the class behaves well his teacher will wear a wig to school and teach in the wig all day ! difficult child just got such a kick out of that. It was nice to see him so happy about school. I made their favorite dinner tonight. TACOS. I usually bake homemade choc chips but ran out of time because I had so many errands to run since I was off work today. difficult child knows I always bake cookies the first day and didn't even complain or tantrum over it. easy child likes her teacher as well and was already assigned the job of "light person" ( she shuts the lights out each time the class leaves the room) Hoping for more good days for both the kiddos !

Jena

that's soo cute what a great tradition.......... wow i wanna be like you when i grow up lol :)

my first day of school tradition is ummm stay awake dont' pass out

that's great both your kids had a great day. such a relief, right?? :) hope it continues

susiestar

Roll With It
Sounds like a really great day!! It is awesome that difficult child has a male teacher! Man bring such different perspectives on things that having a male teacher can really add to a child's education.