Good Back-to-School Monday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:teacher::try2fly: It's Monday Morning and, for most of our kids, the first day of school!!

It's about 6:25 here - easy child was going to come down at 6:15 for coffee and breakfast and I haven't seen her yet; difficult child said he wanted to get up at 6 so he could play 45 minutes of his new game - haven't seen or heard from him yet!!!!!!

I'll be at the office after difficult child gets dropped off, then I'll run a couple errands. Perhaps I'll have about an hour to myself. easy child and I will hit WW tonight (back on our tues schedule), then we'll head to the gym for our tuesday finning class.

I've my fingers crossed for this first day. Don't think easy child needs it - she's a senior and, while wishing summer was still here, she is excited about this last year of high school. difficult child - well, he's acting the typical teen about not wanting to go to school, but there does not seem to be any anxiety! Time will tell...........

Wishing everyone a great day :peaceful: and all our children focus and compliance ;)

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

Sharon- It's Tuesday, isn't it? I hope the kids are moving by now. Enjoy the first day of school!

Today is Duckie's last day of vacation, though we'll be popping into the school to drop of her epipen & some other supplies. After that, we'll go to my aunt's house for a little pool party with a few of her cousins. And there's cheer practice tonight as well. It promises to be a hot day so I'll have Duckie shower for school when we get home tonight.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

smallworld

Good Tuesday morning!

Sharon, happy first day of school! Hope you get everyone off peacefully and enjoy a little time to yourself.

It's the first day of school here as well for J and A (M started last Tuesday). J has already left for his new program (see my post "We did it!"). He was definitely grumpy about going this morning. I know he was sleepy because he was up until after 1 am. I'm hoping the anticipation is worse than the reality and he'll come home in a happier frame of mind. A is already dressed and packed. She's eating breakfast and then I'll drive her to her school's shuttle bus stop. M is still snoozing away -- I'll wake her when I return from dropping A off.

As for me, I'm going to enjoy my few hours of solitude by exercising at the gym and then catching up on some paperwork. Having the house to myself (save the dog) sounds heavenly.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I love how both of your kiddos had plans to be up earlier and are still in bed;) It's great that difficult child isn't showing any anxiety about starting the year. Enjoy your day, ww meeting, and finning class!

It's back to work for husband and me today and back to school for difficult child. easy child still has one more day because in our district only freshman go the first day at high school and only 6th graders at middle school.

husband and I are very anxious about difficult child starting middle school. I think he is too but not admitting it! I think it is extra hard on husband who has had him at his school all these years. He is very protective of difficult child.

We're also worried because the past 5 days he has either gotten sick or at the very least been very dizzy and nauseous. He's also been sleeping a lot. I will put in a call to psychiatrist today and just for the morning am cutting his Lamictal back down to his previous dose.

Sometime after work I'm hoping to get to the health club-I hope I have the energy left!

Wishing everyone whose children start school today a great first day!:teacher:

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/LDM, I hope difficult child doesn't get too upset at missing out on his game time.

TM, enjoy the pool party.

Smallworld, enjoy having the house to yourself. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Sharon/WO, here's hoping difficult child doesn't feel too sick today. Is there any chance there's an anxiety component to this? difficult child 3 was like this, even though he really wanted to be at school.

All of you - I hope the return to school doesn't lead to phone calls when you can least handle them!

Spring is definitely here - for the moment. Today was lovely. Sunny, a hint of warmth, the chance to do something outside (but again too busy) - lovely. The promise of more to come.

This afternoon after school hours, difficult child 3 also felt the lure of spring and went for a walk on the clifftop. He's come back covered in mud - there is a clay seam out there somewhere and he always seems to find it.

I can work in the garden, sitting on the ground, digging, filling pots with fresh soil - and dust myself off after I'm done. difficult child 3 goes for a half hour walk, and comes home covered in grey mud.

husband was home today, he's been rearranging his workshop and tinkering with things. It's THAT time of year...

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

K

Kjs

Ahhh, school. difficult child was up at midnight, 1, 2:45 and up for good at 4:30.

I think he was excited but would never admit that. Being in Special Education, he is taking a Learning Stratagies class. From what I understand it is to help him take notes, learn to study help with organization, etc.

He looked at his schedule this morning and saw that learning stratagies was second block. (first block today was meeting in the commons with principal for all students). After difficult child looked at his schedule he sayd, "YES, I won't be doing anything until 3rd Block".

He just texted me (???) said, "WOW, I HATE this note taking class". Hope they teach him to pay attention and not be texting people in class. However, now that school is 5 miles away, he needs his phone.

He will be tired, hungry when he gets home. Luckily they get out at 2:25 vs 4pm the last three years.

I cooked breakfast, husband left for work, difficult child left for school, and I shampooed the carpet.
Now taking chloe (dog) to get nails trimmed.

Take a nap, cook dinner.

So much for my plan to bring difficult child to school and work out. I haven't been feeling well the past two days. difficult child rode with neighbor boy who is a senior at this school.

Hope everyone's kids have a great first day. Praying for mine. Was so hoping new school would bring better days.