Good, bad or ugly...Tenex

L

luvmyottb

difficult child had psychiatric appointment this AM and was prescribed tenex in addition to her other medications. If this doesn't seem to help with impulsivity at next appointment we will discard and add another mood stabilizer.

Poor baby.. she has been so sick today with fever and cough. Never have I seen her sleep so much in one day. She has been so sweet today, perhaps she should be sick more often?:laughing:

Not getting my hopes up here, but was wondering if anyone else had experience with this drug.

Thanks and everyone have a peaceful weekend. :peaceful:

Lacie

Well...what a coincidence...the staff psychiatrist just prescribed my daughter on it. Took her off the 1/2 Clonodine (am and afternoon) and prescribed 1/2 tenex (am and afternoon)...Just started it Thursday (yesterday)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My difficult child 2 had problems with Tenex last spring. It actually brought out manic symptoms in him -- flight of ideas, pressured and incessant speech, obsessive meltdowns, so he had to stop taking it.

busywend

Tenex in the am? It made my difficult child go right off to sleep. She took it right before bedtime. I swear this is the medication that helped my difficult child the most. The problem I had was her not getting it faithfully each night at her dad's. It is a blood pressure medication (although she will have a very low dose compared to someone that has high blood pressure). It has to be taken every day at the same time. No skipping. So, I was nervous about her being on it and not getting it consistently.

jannie

trying to survive....
Tenex worked well for my son. He took it 2x a day for about 1 1/2 years or so. It helped with activity level, agression and impulsivity ( I think...who knows any more !!)

Tezzie

Another vote YES for Tenex. Our difficult child has been on it for over 2 years 2x a day & I think it's been a big help.

Tezzie