Good Black Friday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

I'm out the door in a few minutes to get to work by 7am at the mall. It's been years since I last worked a Black Friday. I hope it's busy to pass the time quickly.

Have a great day! :salute:

BusynMember

You are brave. I want to stay in all day, but I can't...lol. I put a thread up on the Watercooler for everyone to check in on their Black Friday shopping. A humorous note: My son, who is Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified (an African-American 15 year old who tends to take things literally) asked me, "Why do black people have their own shopping day? Does that mean I have to go shopping?" :)

susiestar

Roll With It
Good luck working on Black Friday! I may do some online shopping, but won't be doing the early morning thing. I was thinking of picking up a few things, but husband and the kids are still gone and the new medication has me feeling a bit more relaxed than I like to be to drive. Not woozy, just veddy veddy mellow. So I will shop online, AND look for the cyber Monday deals.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I hope the time passes quickly today. I remember working many Black Fridays and coming home and falling into bed!

MWM-Very cute about difficult child thinking that there was a special shopping day just for Black people.

Susie-On-line shopping is probably the way to go-no crowds to fight.

We had a great day yesterday. Everyone was in good moods (except easy child who was up and down and mostly a hermit by choice). difficult child did really well most of the day. My youngest great nephew (that was here) was so cute-he loves our dog. A couple of times he put himself in the kennel and closed it-very cute but don't know how he could stand to be in there.

I haven't had any time to catch up on posts so I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. In a bit I'm off to just a bit of shopping-I will be home early-just want to spend my free $10 coupon at one of the stores.

The rest of the day is hanging out with husband's family (the adults are out shopping but we'll be watching the kids and they shouldn't be gone too long). I'm going to throw some Italian sausages in the crockpot and make pasta for dinner.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

TM, I hope you're busy and the time goes by super fast!!!

MWM, Thanks for the laugh!!! He's too cute:D

Susie, I'm glad you're not driving with the new medication - I hope you find some excellent on-line deals.

Sharon (WO), JC Penney sent me two free $10 coupons to spend - I think I got them both in October. I did what you're doing this morning - I went to the store and only spent the free $10. They were having sales both times I got the coupons and I ended up getting two sweaters for free. I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Yesterday was a nice, peaceful (for the most part - difficult child 2 lost it once) day for me. It went by too quickly!!! husband is working this morning. I'm definitely NOT taking my difficult children to shop on Black Friday. I think that would set me over the edge... difficult child 1 has a psychiatrist appointment later today. It's a good thing - His moods have been all over the place. Not much else on the agenda.

I really should do some cleaning but have decided it can wait. It's the first day in many days that I'm feeling a bit better. The antibiotics, nasal spray, and Sudafed are finally starting to kick in. I don't feel like a drill is drilling into all of my teeth on the left side of my mouth:jumphappy:

I'm going to try to get caught up on what has been happening around here and make some more coffee. I hope everyone has a great day.:santa::rudolph:WFEN

M

ML

TM I am so sorry you have to work.
MWM your son is precious!
Suz I love the online idea. I'm kidless to and in the same zone. It's nice but I'm feeling some sadness.
WO I'm so happy you had a gread day
WFEN great plan about putting off the cleaning.

I have a free day as manster is still in Cali. I plan to exercise/walk, meditate, possibly find an alanon meeting, pull out the Christmas decorations and watch movies.

Jena

Tired Mommy - You will be tired when you get home later!!! I hope you have a good day and it's not to stressful. :)

Midwest - ok that was adorable what he said :)

Susie - online shopping way to go, glad medications are making you calm :)

Sharon - sounds like you had a great day yesterday and another good day today :) enjoy it

ML - I"m glad to hear you are starting to feel better and the medications are finally kicking in. I'm actually starting to feel some relief also. :) yea us!

Today i bring little difficult child to her dad's when he gets off work. it's a long drive about 80 miles yet i'm looking forward to the return trip alone in the truck, i borrowed some cd's from boyfriend to listen to on the way home. than a movie alone tonight or with-easy child who is staying home. so i'm very much looking forward to my day. I desperately need a difficult child break at this point.

she melted down several times yesterday before we left.boyfriend rushed home from seeing his family quick because she was so bad, so we could just get on the road otherwise i was staying home. so mom needs some time today :)

to everyone else who jumps on have a great day today. :)