Good breakfast?

klmno

I have my schedule messed up again. I don't know how it happened- I guess it was not being able to sleep Sat night due to concern over my visit with difficult child. Anyway, I'll be up all night tonight and am motivating myself to get some paperwork done by telling myself I'll go get a good breakfast first thing in the morning. I could do McD's but I'd love a great breakfast. Where do you suggest? We have a Denny's and the Waffle House (can be a little too greasy sometimes). Are there any other economical places that open up early?

klmno

Yeah- I'm not big on pancakes, though. I like the bacon, eggs, potatoes, gravy, yummmmm! LOL! I haven't been to a Cracker Barrel in about 20 years- how are they?

DammitJanet

Great breakfast and I think you have them.....Golden Corral! They make their own omelets to your specs and they are to die for. Also do waffles. They have yummy french toast and pancakes hot of the griddle. They have all ready scrambled eggs with all the fixin's like mushrooms, cheese, onions, green peppers. They have either hash browns, grits, fried taters, biscuits, toast. Fruit, fruit juice.

klmno

Darn it- I just checked their hours online and it looks like they are only open for breakfast on Sat and Sun. :(

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh please go to Waffle House for me!!!!! I love Waffle House. But unfortuantely I live too far North to visit one of them. Can I get to your house in time for breakfast? I don't think so.

beth

klmno

I called in a take out order- I had been up all night and didn't want to order that much food in a restaurant by myself. LOL!

I got eggs, bacon, toast, potatoes, and gravy. Yum!! biscuits came with the gravy but I'll save them to eat with dinner. I ate well then slept a few hours. The goal is now to get more done today and not be up all night tonight. I did get a few things accomplished last night.

Marguerite

I look at your lists and have to cringe... my days of being able to eat such a breakfast are long gone.

These days my breakfast HAS to be my home-made muesli. If we go away, I take some with me. But a little goes a very lnog way. I used to have to eat a lot in the mornings and I would still find myself hungry by mid-morning. Not any more, thank goodness!

But I can't buy anything for breakfast that comes close. The few times I have bought something for breakfast, it's back to feeling hungry by mid-morning. I can get away with buying lunch or dinner, but not breakfast.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Like Marg, my days for those kinds of breakfast are also long gone. I eat fruit for breakfast. What is nice about it is that I can grab it and go. I eat about 3 pieces of fruit throughout the morning. Bananas, apples, apricots, watermelon, whatever I have. I slice it up the night before and put it in a baggie or container and take with. Very easy and healthy too. I also stash my favorite granola bars in my car, desk, purse, etc., just in case the fruit isn't filling enough.

When I eat a big egg, sausage breakfast, I have found that it slows me down.

klmno

Marg and Jo- you both sound like you have very healthy lifestyles! I'm still working on getting back to a regular sleeping and eating schedule. LOL! I have a long way to go to take care of myself as well as you do....Sigh....