Good day or not?

GwenM

So today was difficult child's first day at alternative school. He didn't put up as much of a fight about getting up as usual, but there was some protest. He did not behave 100% the way he should have at school, but he didn't do anything that earned him an extra day. As soon as we got home, he took off to his grandparent's house next door. He didn't have permission to go anywhere, but that never seems to matter to him. As awful as it sounds, I just let it go because I had a horrible headache and it was easier to just not have to deal with him. There were no major confrontations with him. He had a small argument with his older brother, but that ended as soon as easy child brought it to the attention of husband. I woluld count it as a good day, but anytime I can't see him, he could be up to anything. I don't know if he went and stole from his grandparents, managed to find an adult willing to go buy him cigarettes (which has happened before), or what else he could have gotten into. It was definitely not a bad day, but I don't know if I can call it a good day either. The truth is, I don't know if we even have good days anymore.

Last edited:

buddy

Gosh Gwen, isn't amazing what we consider a good day??? I always add "for Q" or "relatively speaking"...it is probably such an odd way to live for most people yet it seems the longer I am on this board, the more I feel not so strange in this circle, nice to have some people who get it. Not an especially great thing to bond over, but at least we do have each other. HUGS

GwenM

Yes Buddy it is amazing what can be considered a good day. Things have gotten so bad with difficult child that I was having panic attacks and have been put on nerve medications. So now a good day is any day I don't have a panic attack. It may be a strange thing to bond over, but living this way is so stressful. It is just a relief to know that someone else truly understands what you are going through. HUGS