Good Easter Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

Happy Easter to those that celebrate, happy Sunday to those that don't. :)

We'll be headed to church this morning: services, potluck & games for the kiddies. Then we'll head to my in-laws to watch the hockey game and have dinner. Busy sort of day, Know what I mean??

I'm having a problem with a tooth (this stuff only ever happens on weekends). I needed a filling as a teen (30 years ago), broke the filling 5 years ago and had it replaced. Duckie's recent difficult behavior started me grinding my teeth again, broke the "new" filling a little over a month ago. Temporary crown on a month ago... that broke in 5 days. The next temporary crown broke in six. Went two days with nothing until the permanent crown was put on 4/15. I was in heaven... it was the first time in several years that I wasn't keenly aware of that tooth. No pain, sensitivity, or discomfort.

Until Friday night. One week! I've been popping Motrin like candy and even took half a muscle relaxer. UGH!!!!!

But anyway, have a lovely day! :easter_eggs:

H

HaoZi

It's just Hoppy Bunny day here. Kiddo found all her eggs, excitement over.

Sorry to hear about the tooth! I've got one that the filling busted out of almost a year ago and I'll have to get it crowned eventually because a filling won't stay in it the way it's broken. I go through a lot of sensitive teeth toothpaste (it helps).

Fran

Former desparate mom
Happy Easter all. Hope your difficult child's find a golden egg and are magically good bunnies for one day anyhow.
We are doing absolutely nothing to celebrate which works for husband and I. We have had enough activity to last a lifetime. I have been at mom's every week for the last 4 wks.

difficult child is doing well. Going to spend Easter with girlfriend's family. I'm happy for him. She seems like a reasonable young lady. Fingers crossed.

easy child is doing ok. Almost done with junior year. Gearing up for finals and full time work through the summer.

husband seems to thrive in his new job even if he commutes home every weekend. It's a drag but it allows me to go to mom's without much guilt. We are working on being together more. Hopefully it will happen in the next few months.

Life is moving along. Hope you all have a spring like day. :bunny_ears:

Marguerite

Happy Easter, everyone.

TM, sorry to hear about the tooth. it always seems to happen at awkward times.

HaoZi, easy child 2/difficult child 2 spent the day with her baby niece, watching her first Easter egg hunt.

We had sunrise service at the beach this morning (combined churches) followed by a breakfast of hot cross buns on the veranda overlooking the sea. Beautiful, especially when a pod of dolphins swam in following the first ferry of the day. Then we went home and relaxed for most of the day until the family arrived mid-afternoon. easy child 2/difficult child 2 and SIL2 arrived first, then easy child & SIL1 arrived with their new puppy. Within minutes, difficult child 1 & daughter in law arrived. It was suddenly very noisy and crowded! We had dinner at mother in law's, we only just got home. easy child & SIL1 are staying overnight, the other kids have gone home.

Tomorrow is Anzac Day here, another dawn service. However, we've decided that we will just watch it on TV. husband is still recovering from a bad back. Tuesday, we are planning on helping difficult child 1 & daughter in law to move house. difficult child 1 has just started a new job but it's a long way from paying well, the kids need to move to somewhere with less rent but more space. At the moment, that's back in with daughter in law's dad. I drive a large people mover, which will be useful for moving the large bed, too. So we will be busy over the next few days.

Enjoy your Easter, however you choose to spend it. Whether you are having a spiritual day (including those of you celebrating Passover) or just enjoying a holiday with family, take time to recharge your batteries.

Marg

M

ML

TM I'm sorry about your tooth and hope you are able to enjoy your lovely-sounding day.

Haozi - I miss the easter egg hunts, we don't do them any more. The last few years manster enjoyed hiding them for us and that's how we did it. So much fun.

Fran I was happy to read your update. I'm so happy for difficult child too. I'm glad you are husband are working on being together more.. it's so worth the effort!

Marg - your service sounded amazing and I appreciate your sharing that message about the girl.

husband and I are fixing brunch for about 15 people! It got bigger as one of our friends who had a cabin in the woods had to cancel due to weather and those who had planned to attend needed somewhere to go. I think we have the smallest (town)home but always seem seem to be the place for gatherings. I'm honored that people feel comfortable in my home and they must not mind the cramped space as they keep coming back!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

TM-OUCH! Hope you are feeling better soon! Your day sounds like fun (outside the tooth).

HaoZi-Glad the kiddos found all of their eggs!

Fran-Happy Easter! I'm tickled for difficult child spending Easter with girlfriend's family:) Wow-hard to believe easy child is almost done with his junior year. Relaxing sounds like a nice thing for you and husband today!

Marg-Your Easter service sounds beautiful! I would love to have been there:)

ML-Brunch for 15 sounds like a lot of work but also a lot of fun!!

difficult child had us up way too early (2:00 a.m.-and husband and I didn't go to bed until 1:00-we eventually got back to sleep for a bit but not for several hours). He just gets so manic like on holidays.

husband, difficult child, and I went to Mass and then out to breakfast. We brought easy child back a muffin and she was happy!

Wishing everyone a peaceful Easter!