Good Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:jack: Good Friday Morning Everyone :frankenstein:

Fall has finally arrived here in central Viginia :autumn: along with rain! Yesterday was dark and rainy and cool and very much like fall. Today should be the same and I am thrilled! Everyone says it's dreary but I think it's great! The kids and I sat down last night with blankets and watched tv. It was nice. difficult child asked me to put the fireplace on but I drew the line at that...............

I'll hit the grocer on the way back from taking difficult child to school. My cleaning folks will be here around 11 and I want to get a big pot of vegetable soup started. It was a special request by easy child. The cool weather must have made her think of my vegetable soup :goo:

Not sure what is on the schedule this weekend other than I do want to attack my craft/sewing/wrapping/junk room upstairs! Noone uses the room but me - I don't even let my cleaning crew in there to clean. Things are kinda piling up in there and I need to address the situation before you see me on Clean House!

Wishing everyone a great Friday and a good Free Choice :thumb:

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning Sharon, I am feeling the need for soup too. Dark, dreary rain has hit us too. I love it. :its_all_good:

It's going to be a stay home day for me. The puppies and I are going to clean. A couple of workmen coming by but nothing that requires my attention. Our fireplace isn't ready to be used but soon. Can't wait.

Haven't heard from difficult child or easy child much. Sounds like the weekend got everyone on the right track. Yay! :autumn: It's been a much calmer week. No news is good news.

:spaghetti: Hope you have a good Friday.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, the soup sounds wonderful. I expect this coming weekend will involve a pot of Italian sausage soup. We love that here.

Fran, I remember our fireplace when we lived in Seattle. We ordered a 1/2 cord of wood each year - husband built a fire almost every night. We loved that little condo & miss the fireplace.

kt has a psychiatrist appointment this morning. There have been some changes in medications over the last 2 months - I believe we're seeing positive results. I'm requesting a change in the PRN medications (which we're having to use less) as well as a potential decrease in the zyprexa.

We'll see how it flies - psychiatrist generally works with me.

Then kt & I are off to a mom/daughter lunch with a trip to the craft store afterward. I'm in need of some watercolor paints. kt has been beading lately & would like a few new beads.

Enjoy your day all - hope it's calm & safe. Hug your loved ones.

Catwmn

Good Morning All!!

I am planning on making a HUGE pot of good GUMBO today...
It's right around 40 degrees here....brr....

MMMMM...Great Gumbo weather!!

We're going to the psychiatrist today and I am going to fire him if he doesn't take Aaron off the Stratterra and give us something else for his hyperactivity....this kid is driving me NUTS!!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone,

Sharon and Linda, the soup sounds like a wonderful idea. I have a cream of chicken and mushroom recipe that I've been dying to try, so perhaps this is the day to do it.

We've been into the fall weather for a few weeks now, and today is crisp and clear. Perhaps I will go out to the woodpile and drag some logs in for our fireplace...it is very cosy.

Good news on the home front...difficult child's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement has finally been sorted out. He will be moving in next week, so we are going to start getting his things organized, and perhaps life in the trinityroyal household will settle down and get back to normal.

Catwmn, good luck with the psychiatrist appointment, and hope that everything goes well.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.
Trinity

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

I just tried to submit a response to this thread but must have done something wrong because I'm unable to get it posted. So, this is going to have to be short as I'm now in a RUSH - It is just "one of those days!!!" This morning I knocked a lamp off of my nightstand when trying to shut off the alarm clock - it shattered.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and at least one reason to laugh or smile. ENJOY THE WEEKEND!!! :autumn: :autumn: WFEN

Marguerite

G'day, everyone. I'm also in a rush. My own fault, I've been skulking away at home, hiding from difficult child 3 mainly. He & I had a big day at school - a special trivia quiz day as a fundraiser for Amnesty International, and then we had some shopping errands to do. We got home both of us exhausted and I made "do-it-yourself" chicken burritos for dinner (precooked chicken). I had chopped up lettuce, tomatoes, cooked chicken, laid it all out with fresh burritos and difficult child 3 threw a tantrum. Unusually, he threw some of his game cards and immediately regretted it; he's gone to bed teary because his favourite one is still missing (lost somewhere in his rubbish on the floor). He gets anxious at me, stresses over it and I just couldn't bite my tongue any longer. I should really only tell him once that crying to me is only going to get him a lecture on his own actions, but if I tell him too often we get another meltdown. I just wanted him to go to bed so we could get some peace.

Hopefully he'll find the game in daylight, before someone steps on it. I'm still exhausted, but too stressed to sleep. Not good. I have another busy day coming up tomorrow, I'm going to be even more tired.

We finally got our storm this afternoon - it had run out of rain by the time it got to us, I was able to drive the car through the storm with the windows all the way down.

Sharon, want to shoot some vegetable soup over this way? I need some TLC.

Fran, when your dogs have cleaned your place, send them down here to see if they can sniff out difficult child 3's game and put us all out of our misery.

Linda, I wish I could give you our surplus firewood - we need it gone by summer and we're running out of time. The craft store trip sounds wonderful.

Catherine, I hope you get some hep from the psychiatrist today. Gumbo is good comfort food. It NEVER gets to 40 here not 40F, anyway. But we experienced it in New Zealand. Not as bad as I expected it to be, without the wind chill.

Trinity, I hope the new placement works out.

WFEN, sorry to hear about your lamp. Definitely one of those days...

Marg