Good Friday Morning

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Today is Duckie's last day of art camp. She started the week dreading it: she didn't choose the camp and knew no one attending. I left her Monday morning sitting under a tree with her head down and feeling sorry for herself. But she announced yesterday that she most definitely wants to go back, lol!:painter: She'll have her art show at 3 and has a birthday party at 5pm. It'll be tight, lol!

I have to run out for four (yes, four!) birthday gifts today. There are two today (sisters- one year apart) and two tomorrow (twin sisters). Then, I will continue to paint my entry door and start prepping to paint my kitchen tomorrow. It never ends. I feel like the lead character in the "IF You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." series! :hammer: But hopefully my house will start looking a lot better and quick! The living/dining room is almost finished (just need to stain a piece of baseboard and waiting for a piece of furniture to be delivered... oh! And I still need to put stuff on the walls!) so that means it's time to tear apart the kitchen, lol!

Have a great day!

Marguerite

G'day for Friday.

TM, I'm so glad Duckie has enjoyed art camp. I hope she continues with her art after camp finishes. What a wonderful finish to her week! Good luck wih your ongoing renovations.

I have had a full day today. I had to see the eye doctor this morning. He fitted me with contact lenses but I've still got a few problems. However, he gave me a few ideas on how to work on those problems.

After that mother in law & I dropped in on easy child 2/difficult child 2, then we went to do some shopping. I got caught up in a time share promotion which alleges I have won a week on the Gold Coast. All we have to do is attend the 90 minute presentation... I didn't tell them we already own a time share week. We don't need another. But a week at the Gold Coast would be good, I can visit a brother and a sister in the area. I'm a bit suspicious of the 'competition' - the woman acted surprised when I did the scratchie and won the holiday, but I suspect almost every entry wins a holiday.

After that I saw my GP, did a bit of shopping with mother in law for a birthday present for easy child 2/difficult child 2 (a cut glass vase - only there don't seem to be any available - I will check out the local op shop tomorrow). Then we headed home. I was desperate to get the contact lenses out of my eyes! I think they will work out, but it will take a bit of work. I need to go do the hot compress thing with my eyes that the eye doctor recommended.

Tomorrow I have a writers meeting in the afternoon (fairly intense) and then dinner again with mother in law (as with every night). I have to fit in some contact lens wear at some stage, but I'd rather do it while at home, so I can change back to specs when my eyes get sore.

I want to be up to speed with contact lenses by summer, so I can wear them to the beach. It is on the ay!

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

TM-How great that Duckie ended up loving art camp! My kids are so stubborn they would never admit to actually liking something they didn't want to do in the first place;)

Marg-I tried contacts for the first time last year and my eyes were just too dry. By the time 8:30 in the morning was rolling around one would fall out. Hopefully yours will work out much better! A week on the Gold Coast sounds fun!

In the last 12 hours I have done two workouts! We went to the club last night and then to boot camp this morning. I'm definitely ready for my nap!! No real plans for the day. difficult child is at camp and then will be headed to respite for the weekend. easy child/difficult child didn't pass her driving test yesterday-hopefully the next time she will!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all! TGIF~

Marg and TM, my goodness, I feel like such a lump when I read how much you all squeeze into one day! Glad Duckie enjoyed her art camp (who says we moms don't know what's best for our little difficult children" lol). Marg, be careful at the timeshare meeting - they are VERY high pressure! I have a time share and while I love the idea of it, we've yet to truly utilize all the benefits of trading to go exploring

I am alone in the office today, but our server is giving us a hard time, so I have to get that all squared away before we all leave on vaca next week - no one will be in the office. difficult child will be here answering phones and opening mail, just to have a body in the office. So she is coming in today so I can train her. I have a list of things to do but I should be able to accomplish them all.

Enjoy the day everyone!